Country
Ok what I need is:

Quick shipping to U.K
Paypal
Cheap
Comes with SD card
Compatible with XL
and most of all: LEGIT!
I need a trustworthy website to meet these demands! Please help as I've promised my friend I'd get him one, he's paid. However I found out Shoptemp was closed, which I loved. Thanks, Benandlol.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't screw around with an R4 clone. "R4" isn't a generic term for flashcard.
For the same money you'd blow on a fake R4, you could get a real AceKard2i.

I'd suggest GameKool.com and Lightake.com
I've bought from GameKool before and it was nothing but great, delivery took 8 days TOTAL including weekend and a Chinese Holiday and whatever time Customs had the package.
I haven't used lightake.com, but I've heard lots of good things, they have an account here that they use to help people and I just recommended them to my friend. Apparently they don't ship the box that the item comes in, but you won't be putting it back into the box once it's out
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheapest and best don't go hand in hand here.

Best:
Supercard DSTwo
It boasts an incredible amount of features, far more than the average flash cart, but costs $35.

Cheap but very good:
Acekard2i
R4i Gold (Not v2.0 or anything like that)
R4idsn

The topmost (Acekard2i) is about $15 and runs on the AKAIO third party firmware. This firmware is frequently updated (for the most part) and has few issues with newer games.

R4i Gold and R4idsn are both officially supported by YWG, thus they have up to date Wood firmware that allows them to play the latest games with little to no problems. Updates are very frequent, so newer games are rarely an issue.

None of the above flash carts boast the features of the DSTwo though. If I had to suggest one, I would probably say the R4i Gold (good build quality) or the Acekard2i (everybody has one and they work well).

These all work on firmware v1.4.1 on DSi's, but all three I believe require it to be flashed in a DSlite/Phat, or a DSi with firmware underneath 1.4.1. If lightake offers a pre-flashing service, use it if you don't have what you need to flash them yourself.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Updating with the R4 isn't so bad. When a game comes out that everybody wants to play, a fix comes along very quickly (with in a day or two). Updating is also very simple since it just uses the standard copy, paste, and overwrite the old stuff system.

It doesn't offer Anti-AP for now, but that may change in the future. If it doesn't though, no big deal.

I don't really mind how often I need to update though, as long as it isn't as often as YSMenu.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
It doesn't offer Anti-AP for now, but that may change in the future. If it doesn't though, no big deal.
Anti-AP is impossible on the R4 due to the hardware.
I read something that WoodRPG has it already.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Nathan Drake said:
Anti-AP is impossible on the R4 due to the hardware.
I read something that WoodRPG has it already.

The hardware is pretty outdated. Like I said though, no big deal. Fixes come so quickly that Anti-AP wouldn't have much use anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte