I really need urgent help!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by benandlol, Jan 13, 2011.

Jan 13, 2011
  1. benandlol
    OP

Newcomer benandlol Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok what I need is:

Quick shipping to U.K
    Paypal
    Cheap
    Comes with SD card
    Compatible with XL
    and most of all: LEGIT!
    I need a trustworthy website to meet these demands! Please help as I've promised my friend I'd get him one, he's paid. However I found out Shoptemp was closed, which I loved. Thanks, Benandlol.

2. Shining

Banned Shining Banned

Australia
  3. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
  4. alukadoo

Member alukadoo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just go with Lightake.com .

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Don't screw around with an R4 clone. "R4" isn't a generic term for flashcard.
    For the same money you'd blow on a fake R4, you could get a real AceKard2i.

I'd suggest GameKool.com and Lightake.com
    I've bought from GameKool before and it was nothing but great, delivery took 8 days TOTAL including weekend and a Chinese Holiday and whatever time Customs had the package.
    I haven't used lightake.com, but I've heard lots of good things, they have an account here that they use to help people and I just recommended them to my friend. Apparently they don't ship the box that the item comes in, but you won't be putting it back into the box once it's out [​IMG]

6. benandlol
    OP

Newcomer benandlol Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks, I'll go with lightake.com, but now I need to know the cheapest and best DSI XL Card. Any recommendations?

7. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Cheapest and best don't go hand in hand here.

Best:
    Supercard DSTwo
    It boasts an incredible amount of features, far more than the average flash cart, but costs $35.

Cheap but very good:
    Acekard2i
    R4i Gold (Not v2.0 or anything like that)
    R4idsn

The topmost (Acekard2i) is about $15 and runs on the AKAIO third party firmware. This firmware is frequently updated (for the most part) and has few issues with newer games.

R4i Gold and R4idsn are both officially supported by YWG, thus they have up to date Wood firmware that allows them to play the latest games with little to no problems. Updates are very frequent, so newer games are rarely an issue.

None of the above flash carts boast the features of the DSTwo though. If I had to suggest one, I would probably say the R4i Gold (good build quality) or the Acekard2i (everybody has one and they work well).

These all work on firmware v1.4.1 on DSi's, but all three I believe require it to be flashed in a DSlite/Phat, or a DSi with firmware underneath 1.4.1. If lightake offers a pre-flashing service, use it if you don't have what you need to flash them yourself.

8. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Well if you get an Acekard 2i, you can still play all the newer games without having to update as frequent as you would with an R4.

9. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    Updating with the R4 isn't so bad. When a game comes out that everybody wants to play, a fix comes along very quickly (with in a day or two). Updating is also very simple since it just uses the standard copy, paste, and overwrite the old stuff system.

It doesn't offer Anti-AP for now, but that may change in the future. If it doesn't though, no big deal.

I don't really mind how often I need to update though, as long as it isn't as often as YSMenu.

10. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Anti-AP is impossible on the R4 due to the hardware.
    I read something that WoodRPG has it already.

11. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    The hardware is pretty outdated. Like I said though, no big deal. Fixes come so quickly that Anti-AP wouldn't have much use anyways.