I need suggestions about my car.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about what I can put on the exterior of my car to make it look unique.

At first, I thought I would get vinyls and put Pac-Man with ghosts chasing him eating dots around the car.

Then I changed my mind to...SUPER MARIO BROS. 3!

Lol I was thinking of getting these sprites: http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2399/carmockb.png

And putting the first row on one side of the car, and the other row on the other side.

My car: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3927/0829100950.jpg 1997 Camry

ignore my finger rofl

Anybody got suggestions if I should do this or not? Should I change any of the 'sprites'? Would this be a terrible fail?

(The vinyls will have a one pixel white outline, so it won't look bad with black on black)

ohmy.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it would be fail unless done extremely well. If you're going to do it, I would recommend getting a professional to do it.

Even if it is done right, though, you'll just look really immature. Neat, but immature.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah that's the thing, you're pretty much spot on, if I was going to do it right, I'd make it a whole level scene, otherwise it'd just look odd. I'm on the fence about it, it's cheap but would it look good? I don't know.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
try photoshopping the sprites onto you're car and see what it looks like.
But as monkat said, you'll need a pro for this. It is very hard to do.
I wouldn't do it with those sprites, makes you look a bit immature and it's not something you'll get compliments with. Otherwise, you'll be very recognisable for other gbatempers
tongue.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just stick a picture of Temper or just a single Ninty Character on the back of the boot lid. If you keep it understated and it won't look to bad.

tempercar.png

lolet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would go with Pac-man instead of Mario because of the simplicity in forms and colours. A bit of yellow on black.
cool.gif

Ghosts chasing Pac-man who's chasing a dot on the back of the trunk.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if GBAtemp sold vinyl stickers of Temper similar to the one, but perhaps a little smaller, than the one above, how many people would buy one. You could stick them to windows, cars, mirrors, fridges.

I would probably get a couple.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so the only place to really put it, is on the back bumper:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3180/0830101236.jpg

The trunk (it's open...forgot to close it lol) has no room to place stickers so the bumper is the best spot.

I measured it to have 3" vinyls.

Would it be good if I did pac-man along that or no? I'll make a mockup in a few minutes.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my car, is a 97 toyota also, I put my bumper stickers on the bumper where you showed them. I recently took them off, because I realized I like a clean car.
the only other place, I found to put stuff, is on the corners of the back window.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing