Hacking i need some help please!!!!

rookiespr1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii console that I brought in 2006 it has the wiikey installed version 3.4u I want to use it but it asks me to update, I imagine that it is to update to 4.2u. If I do the update can I still play my backups or do I have to format the console, and do the update then update the wiikey configuration? Anybody can help me with this? What would I need? I will appreciate it a lot Thanks.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rookiespr1 said:
I have a wii console that I brought in 2006 it has the wiikey installed version 3.4u I want to use it but it asks me to update, I imagine that it is to update to 4.2u. If I do the update can I still play my backups or do I have to format the console, and do the update then update the wiikey configuration? Anybody can help me with this? What would I need? I will appreciate it a lot Thanks.

If your Wii is ONLY hard-modded (with a chip) the system firmware 4.2 will not do anything to your chip. You can update if you want to. However, if your wii is softmodded, updating will undo your softmod

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wadzinsky said:
If your Wii is ONLY hard-modded (with a chip) the system firmware 4.2 will not do anything to your chip. You can update if you want to. However, if your wii is softmodded, updating will undo your softmod
It won't really undo the softmod, it'll just some IOS and remove older HBC versions.

At least if you're well prepared:
if you have the newest HBC and IOS250 for example, those won't be deleted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again