i need some help fixing my gdemu

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i picked up a gdemu clone off of aliexpress, from a reputable seller who was recommended in a youtube video i was watching about the review of this gdemu clone. so i setup the sd card using a guide i found online, that tells me to use GDMENUCARDMANAGER alongside OPENMENU. heres my issue tho sometimes when i power on the dreamcast, the GDEMU boots to the gdmenu screen, and somtimes the GDEMU boots to a static dreamcast logo sit's there for what seems like forever then boots to the bios menu. i have been in contact with the seller and hes been amazing at helping me out he even asked me if i could email him videos of the problem anyone got an ideas?

below is a picture of the GDEMU as well as two videos showing the issue im facing. now before anyone asks i have tried both with and without the sd card extender and get the same results

before anyone asks yes i have tried booting the gdemu without the sd card extender as well as without the 3d printed tray and the same issue occurs

Attachments

• IMG_1690.mp4
    16.4 MB
  • IMG_1691.mp4
    16.4 MB

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reseating it and using a different SD card without the extender. Make sure you're properly setting up the SD card, too.

my post clearly states i have tried it without the extender i have also tried 8 different sd cards and followed a proper guide

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know which revision of the Dreamcast you are using? If I remember correctly the one with the number 2 on the bottom is not fully compatible.
2.png

(Not related, but you should get a VGA box. The Dreamcast's 480p output is clean and looks incredible)

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SugoiEndeavor mine has a 1 in the circle the previous gdemu dies several years ago and i just got around to replacing it so my dreamcast has been sitting in the closet since 2019 not sure if that matters tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work