Homebrew I Need Help

Newedge_Isaiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A9LH. So I am in JKSM and I stumble upon TWO streetpass mii plaza's. The Product Code of one of them is:

ID: CTR-M-HMEE-00
SIZE: 132.53 MB
INFO:This will not launch from FBI. It will crash the 3DS.

The other one is:

ID: CTR-M-HMEE
SIZE: The title wont show up in FBI

So which one can I delete? Do i need both? And yes i have checked, they are not updates or anything.

Last edited by Newedge_Isaiah,

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got no idea what's wrong. My advice is to just delete both, then go to System Update, since you have A9LH. It'll redownload the correct StreetPass Mii Plaza. This is all assuming that there should only be one, as I'm not familiar with the 3DS. Just make a NAND backup first, in case anything happens.

Reactions: Ricken

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck are you doing? There is nothing to update anyway. Your using a SAVE DATA MANAGER. That is what the JKSM app is for. Is all save data. Deleting it may just Erase the save data. You shouldn't be messing with NAND data anyway if you don't know what it is you are doing. You didn't even tell us what you are trying to achieve if you want better assistance. :mellow:

Reactions: Jacklack3

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck are you doing? There is nothing to update anyway. Your using a SAVE DATA MANAGER. That is what the JKSM app is for. Is all save data. Deleting it may just Erase the save data. You shouldn't be messing with NAND data anyway if you don't know what it is you are doing. You didn't even tell us what you are trying to achieve if you want better assistance. :mellow:
He's got A9LH.

...wait. Save manager? Didn't see that part. I'm a dumbass. At least I told him to make a NAND backup beforehand.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One is the app, one is the update data. There is no reason to remove either of them anyway. IIRC on another thread around here someone deleted their streetpass data trying to update it and it caused problems with eShop, FBI installs, and .CIA loading. Not saying just deleting them will cause the same situation since it seems unique to the OP in the other thread but I figured it was worth mentioning.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/took-a-...install-cias-mostly-help.439162/#post-6630124

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One is the app, one is the update data. There is no reason to remove either of them anyway. IIRC on another thread around here someone deleted their streetpass data trying to update it and it caused problems with eShop, FBI installs, and .CIA loading. Not saying just deleting them will cause the same situation since it seems unique to the OP in the other thread but I figured it was worth mentioning.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/took-a-...install-cias-mostly-help.439162/#post-6630124
Maybe he was wrong about it not being update data, then. It would make sense, seeing as StreetPass Plaza doesn't update the same way as other games, or even other system titles.

Newedge_Isaiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well shit. I deleted them earlier when he said to anyways but at least nothing happened and they are both back.I don't see how one of them is an update file as i have uninstalled it. But i have found the real streetpass, so lets just leave it at that. anyways, i appreciate the help guys. :yay3ds:

Reactions: Majickhat55

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well shit. I deleted them earlier when he said to anyways but at least nothing happened and they are both back.I don't see how one of them is an update file as i have uninstalled it. But i have found the real streetpass, so lets just leave it at that. anyways, i appreciate the help guys. :yay3ds:
The streetpass plaza downloads updates containing things like new puzzles every so often. These are stored on your sd card because nand storage is such a precious thing Nintendo likes to keep your console dependent on an sd card or something.

Newedge_Isaiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The streetpass plaza downloads updates containing things like new puzzles every so often. These are stored on your sd card because nand storage is such a precious thing Nintendo likes to keep your console dependent on an sd card or something.
Oh okay now i understand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455