Homebrew I need help with my homebrew wii...

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, so I have installed everything according to the guide ModMii gave me! Thanks ScarletDreamz!

So after that install, am I able to simply put .iso images of my games on my SD card and they will read? i launched cIOS 222 Installer in homebrew, select IOS 224 v 65535 and IOS37, select A and it seems the unit freezes. unless I am being impatient and it just takes awhile.

I'm also having a hard time with Dios Mios.

I feel dumb at this point haha

Last edited by turns2ashes,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nop, they dont work that way, usbloaders read the games preferebly in .wbfs format, so the directory would be this:

USB:/WBFS/NameOfTheGameXXXX/Game.wbfs

If you want something to do it for you, theres Wii Back Up Manager, the official webpage is this one:
http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/

Its very easy to use, but im sorry, again its only windows.

For CIOS, just use the ModMii generated file,s it will generate something called MultiModManager its a homebrew app for wii to install CIOS, that will install all the needed cIOS, you mostly will only use 249 and 250, however, its always a good idea to have 223, 224, 236 only if given by ModMii, if not, then continue.

For Dios Mios, if you are trying to launch Gamecube games, dont use Dios Mios, use Nintendont.

Follow this quick guide:
Quick Installation:
  1. Get the loader.dol, rename it to boot.dol and put it in /apps/Nintendont/ along with the files meta.xml and icon.png.
  2. Copy your GameCube games to the /games/ directory. Subdirectories are optional for 1-disc games in ISO/GCM and CISO format.
    • For 2-disc games, you should create a subdirectory /games/MYGAME/ (where MYGAME can be anything), then name disc 1 as "game.iso" and disc 2 as "disc2.iso".
    • For extracted FST, the FST must be located in a subdirectory, e.g. /games/FSTgame/sys/boot.bin .
  3. Connect your storage device to your Wii or Wii U and start The Homebrew Channel.
  4. Select Nintendont.

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Nop, they dont work that way, usbloaders read the games preferebly in .wbfs format, so the directory would be this:

USB:/WBFS/NameOfTheGameXXXX/Game.wbfs

If you want something to do it for you, theres Wii Back Up Manager, the official webpage is this one:
http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/

Its very easy to use, but im sorry, again its only windows.

For CIOS, just use the ModMii generated file,s it will generate something called MultiModManager its a homebrew app for wii to install CIOS, that will install all the needed cIOS, you mostly will only use 249 and 250, however, its always a good idea to have 223, 224, 236 only if given by ModMii, if not, then continue.

For Dios Mios, if you are trying to launch Gamecube games, dont use Dios Mios, use Nintendont.

Follow this quick guide:
Quick Installation:
  1. Get the loader.dol, rename it to boot.dol and put it in /apps/Nintendont/ along with the files meta.xml and icon.png.
  2. Copy your GameCube games to the /games/ directory. Subdirectories are optional for 1-disc games in ISO/GCM and CISO format.
    • For 2-disc games, you should create a subdirectory /games/MYGAME/ (where MYGAME can be anything), then name disc 1 as "game.iso" and disc 2 as "disc2.iso".
    • For extracted FST, the FST must be located in a subdirectory, e.g. /games/FSTgame/sys/boot.bin .
  3. Connect your storage device to your Wii or Wii U and start The Homebrew Channel.
  4. Select Nintendont.
I'm 90% certain that I did the MMM. So if I have an ISO, I have to convert it to .wbfs? And I guess I'm sort of lost how I get the USB to be seen by the homebrew app if homebrew stuff is on the SD card? I apologize if I'm being ignorant and/or dumb

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 90% certain that I did the MMM. So if I have an ISO, I have to convert it to .wbfs? And I guess I'm sort of lost how I get the USB to be seen by the homebrew app if homebrew stuff is on the SD card? I apologize if I'm being ignorant and/or dumb

The homebrew can be on SD or USB, thats not a problem, Homebrew channel does load the homebrew from SD or USB, you can press 2 or 1 on the wiimote to change sources.
Yes, the games should be on .wbfs format, WiiBackUpManager does this for you.

The USB hard drive should be FAT32 , do that by formatting it with:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

After that, you can migrate the apps on your SD to your USB (only if you want to get rid of the SD), and that would be it.

After launching the USB loader, this will detect the partition where the games are on the USB. and that would be it.

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
The homebrew can be on SD or USB, thats not a problem, Homebrew channel does load the homebrew from SD or USB, you can press 2 or 1 on the wiimote to change sources.
Yes, the games should be on .wbfs format, WiiBackUpManager does this for you.

The USB hard drive should be FAT32 , do that by formatting it with:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

After that, you can migrate the apps on your SD to your USB (only if you want to get rid of the SD), and that would be it.

After launching the USB loader, this will detect the partition where the games are on the USB. and that would be it.

And do the .wbfs files have to be somewhere specific? In the root ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SRead my past post, i explained where they should be, use wiibackupmanager, and it will generate everything needed.

build68.jpg

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a limit to how large my SD card is allowed to be?
Why an SD? Usb its better, SD only works better with certain homebrew apps, but everything can be on the usb.
as for your question,
512 gb is the max tested, so anything below will work.

As for the speed, rmeember that the SD speed are considerably low comparing to the USB 2.0 on the back of the wii.

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Why an SD? Usb its better, SD only works better with certain homebrew apps, but everything can be on the usb.
as for your question,
512 gb is the max tested, so anything below will work.

As for the speed, rmeember that the SD speed are considerably low comparing to the USB 2.0 on the back of the wii.

So if I copy all the contents of my SD card to a USB, I can simply teach the homebrew app to see all the apps from the USB by clicking one or two on the wiimote, correct? Seems easy enough. The reason I asked is because I have been trained to think "well, this works. I don't want to mess with what is working." Haha

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I copy all the contents of my SD card to a USB, I can simply teach the homebrew app to see all the apps from the USB by clicking one or two on the wiimote, correct? Seems easy enough. The reason I asked is because I have been trained to think "well, this works. I don't want to mess with what is working." Haha
correct, as simply as that.

Reactions: turns2ashes

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Copied all the info again and now the homebrew channel is blank, once I select USB, it stays blank. If I select USB again, it goes to the previous error screen.

I feel dumb because I followed all my given instructions to a T and still get this.

Last edited by turns2ashes,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the drive formatted? If you did it on a Mac it's possible it might be GPT instead of MBR and it may have a hidden partition on it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to reformat it tonight.

Well check and see what it looks like in Disk Utility first. :) Mac OS likes to put a system partition on drives when it formats them and you may be able to just delete it and slide the main one up to the beginning of the disc. (Or just post a screenshot of the drive configuration.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1