Hacking I need help w/ Internet channel plz

jbruckus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded 4.2u . When I go to wii shop channel [to download internet channel] it wants me to do a system update. Im avoiding the official update because from what i understand, if you try doing an official update it may brick, plus i hear 4.3 should be avoided.

I have ran wiiscu and selected the shop channel to try to get around the system update, it downloads and installs files but when I go back to the shop channel it still doesnt work and tries to get me to do a system update.

Ive ran a version of dop-mii that i downloaded from the homebrew browser program in hbc but all dop-mii seems to offer is an installation of an ios. Which i installed but did not help my problem.

I really want a working internet channel on wii since my laptop recently died.

Is there a different version of dop-mii for updating the wsc? Or what is the best and easiest way for me to get a working internet and wii shop channel?

Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you're not gonna find it here, but there are internet channel .wad's you could find through other channels and install with WADManager, with no need to update or DOP the shop channel + IOS61

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario