I need help w/ Internet channel plz

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jbruckus, Aug 16, 2010.

Aug 16, 2010
  1. jbruckus
    OP

Newcomer jbruckus Newbie

United States
    I have a softmodded 4.2u . When I go to wii shop channel [to download internet channel] it wants me to do a system update. Im avoiding the official update because from what i understand, if you try doing an official update it may brick, plus i hear 4.3 should be avoided.

I have ran wiiscu and selected the shop channel to try to get around the system update, it downloads and installs files but when I go back to the shop channel it still doesnt work and tries to get me to do a system update.

Ive ran a version of dop-mii that i downloaded from the homebrew browser program in hbc but all dop-mii seems to offer is an installation of an ios. Which i installed but did not help my problem.

I really want a working internet channel on wii since my laptop recently died.

Is there a different version of dop-mii for updating the wsc? Or what is the best and easiest way for me to get a working internet and wii shop channel?

Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

2. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Use Dop-Shop. It will update the Shop Channel and the IOS 61 for you.

3. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    you're not gonna find it here, but there are internet channel .wad's you could find through other channels and install with WADManager, with no need to update or DOP the shop channel + IOS61

4. calthephenom

Member calthephenom GBAtemp Regular

United States