Hacking I need help [software issue]

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I bought a ps4. It was on 4.71. I couldn't test it because it had no hdd in it but going into safe mode. It said to either install 4.71 or higher. I went and installed 5.05. Perfectly installed.

But the issue is. Now.. I can't move away from my ps4 more than a couple of inches before it stops recognising input. I have to go close to control the ps4 again. Any fix for this? In safe mode. With USB plugged in. I can move as far back as I want without it disconnecting. Not the same within the actual interface. HELP ME

Edit. In the actual menu. Regardless if the controller is wireless or wired. If I go back. The ps4 just disconnects the controller. Faulty update maybe? Or could it be something else

I installed the 5.05 recovery 930mb update from dark software.

Last edited by Shah Isah,

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried resetting the controller using the little button on the underside and re syncing it?
I did but no avail. The controller only works if I'm really close to the ps4. The only time it works all good, far or close is when I'm in safe mode.

Tried another controller. Which is brand new in fact. Same issue

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did but no avail. The controller only works if I'm really close to the ps4. The only time it works all good, far or close is when I'm in safe mode.

Possibly a Bluetooth hardware issue. Without a second controller it would be hard to tell if it's the controller or the ps4's Bluetooth though.

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is. It had no hdd so I couldn't test it extensively but the controller responded perfectly in safe mode. Some people have reported its an hardware issue while most reported its a bad update. But I need help..

I had a second ps4 lying around on 5.55 and I took the Hdd out of that which is 500gb. If didn't format it but I fully initialized it with update. That should shouldn't be an issue I think. And it should format it

Last edited by Shah Isah,

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a return policy on the item from the store?

There is. I've already told the store. They said they'll either fix it. Exchange it for another ps4 or my money back. My choice. But theres no fix to this? I've already got hen on it and emulators which is fun..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is. I've already told the store. They said they'll either fix it. Exchange it for another ps4 or my money back. My choice. But theres no fix to this? I've already got hen on it and emulators which is fun..

Did the controller came with the system or it is your own?

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you tried the controller wired, how would it disconnect if you moved it away from the PS4?

You can't. In safe mode. You need it wired.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did the controller came with the system or it is your own?
Its my own. I couldn't get to the ui. Everytime I booted up. It said to install firmware 4.71 or higher

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. It had no hdd inside the ps4. That maybe why. So I manually went to my laptop. Downloaded 5.05 and installed it. By holding ps4 power button and waiting for second beep.

If I pressed the button once. It prompted me for the 4.71 or higher firmware. And no other options

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem seem to be the bluetooth chip on the board, there is a tutorial on youtube to use heatgun to fix it but I would just recommend take it back and get your money back.

Reactions: Shah Isah

akashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could boot into Safe Mode and try Restore Default Settings or Initialize PS4 (You will lose all your data)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And Mario Wonder sounds like a Mario with old timers disease walking the streets lost.