Hacking I need help [software issue]

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem seem to be the bluetooth chip on the board, there is a tutorial on youtube to use heatgun to fix it but I would just recommend take it back and get your money back.

I'll do just that. Thought it was a steal..its pretty hard to find ps4s that low on fw. Might exchange and get another. A working one this time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do just that. Thought it was a steal..its pretty hard to find ps4s that low on fw. Might exchange and get another. A working one this time.

It is rare to get low firmware for low price, tends to have problem if they sell it for low price unless the person knows nothing about video game.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't. In safe mode. You need it wired.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its my own. I couldn't get to the ui. Everytime I booted up. It said to install firmware 4.71 or higher

The controller worked without issue with your other ps4 before removing the hard drive? You could always open it up and check if the Bluetooth antenna is detached. If so you would need to re solder it. Sounds like it could be part of the issue if it works wireless close to the console but disconnects as you move further away.

Reactions: Shah Isah

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The controller worked without issue with your other ps4 before removing the hard drive? You could always open it up and check if the Bluetooth antenna is detached. If so you would need to re solder it. Sounds like it could be part of the issue if it works wireless close to the console but disconnects as you move further away.

Yes. My other ps4 was brand new. I only use it for online play no issues there. But this new one Is doing my head in..

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. My other ps4 was brand new. I only use it for online play no issues there. But this new one Is doing my head in..

Yeah sounds like you got a defective one unfortunately. Probably a good idea to just return it or swap it for another working one as you said. Hopefully you get the same luck and it's on a lower firmware as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)