I need Help -R4new

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by beydragon, Jun 29, 2011.

Jun 29, 2011

I need Help -R4new by beydragon at 10:14 AM (1,922 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. beydragon
    OP

Newcomer beydragon Newbie

Pakistan
    I really really need help. i got this R4 sdhc from r4new.com and i really want to play pokemon black and white and i somehow screwed up the card so much that it doesnt work , the menu? thing just comes up so i formatted it. Can anyone please write me step by step instruction of how to get a firmware that can play black and white pokemon or other new games like radiant historia. plz plz pleaseeee i really suck at this so please make it easy and give me easy download limk cuase i really have no idea what to do.
    p.s Getting a new card is out of the question , my parents will kill me.

2. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Menu? usually shows when you have the wrong kernel on your card. Go to the website address on the front of your card and download the latest kernel.

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    can we get a picture of your card?

please dont google, looks like this
    as there are soo many different ones just save us time and take one

please be aware the firmware on the website may not be the best option as there can be better firmware

4. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    Sounds like a crap card.

5. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    The website for R4new is down so it would be hard for a picture for him. However as he is just getting this card set up it is best to use the kernel from the website on the front of his card.

6. drewmerc

Member drewmerc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  7. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    if he has a camera he can get a picture?

yeah but you dont know what his card is

only where he bought it

8. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    R4new is yet another brand of card not an actual shop so it's safe to assume that his card is a R4new card that uses the kernel from www.r4new.com.

I've just found this old Topic http://gbatemp.net/t272087-r4-new-sdhc-filmware and the kernel that is referred to in the post can be found http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=21865

Now that obviously is not the latest kernel BUT at least the OP can use it to make sure his card is still working.

IF the kernel shows that the OP card is still working THEN he can try RGF multi card update. However as his card is not listed as one that's compatible then getting it to run is experimental. After looking at the kernel above I think if he uses the files from the R4SDHC folder first and then if that doesn't work try renaming default.nds to _DS_MSHL.NDS as that might work.

9. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    Hey guys, I saw you linked @ my filetrip file. I can tell you about the card.

The card is a terrible clone. This firmware is the only working verison of it, and seems to be working fine. You can play newer games through the Ysmenu using RGF's multi card update indeed, as my sister does this as well. Just copy the contents of te filetrip mirror to the sd card with the r4 new data.. It must work, as this is the only firmware that works in my tests. I hope you can get it to work!

10. beydragon
    OP

Newcomer beydragon Newbie

Pakistan
    Omg thanks guys it started working and i am really happy but one slight problem how do i get it to run black and white and other newer games and maybe if i can get that ys menu thingy.and i have no idea how to do it
    p.s and how do i upload a photo .

11. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    1. Find a camera and take a picture
    2. Use a "sumbit photo" website to create a link for your pic... google it to find a site for you
    3. Click the "insert image " icon below and copy the pic link which you got in step2
    4. Done.,,,

My god ..

12. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Or, you could use the ever-simpler GBAtemp picture service and use tags...

My god ..

P.S. why do you end every sentence with 3 commas?

[edit]
    @the other question - YSMenu is quite self explanatory, just go to the thread and follow the instructions.
    [/edit]

13. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom