I NEED HELP. :'( DS screens got messed up.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by PF101, Aug 15, 2011.

1. PF101
    OP

PF101 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2011
    Canada
    Ok here's what happened. My old DS phat's top screen wasn't working properly. This happened about a year ago. I decided not to do anything about it until today. I looked up some videos on how to open up my ds. I opened it up and there was a LOT of lint inside so I dusted it up. Then I was going to lift the motherboard to clean up any lint on the other side, but when I tried to pull out the strip for the touch scree, the little black piece on the bottom of the two tiny strips broke one of it's arms. I freaked out and tried to put it back into place. I closed it all up and when I turned it on, the same problem happened to both screens. Now they both are white and the touch screen isn't responsive.

What did I do wrong? Was it because of that little piece? Or maybe I just didn't put the strip back in properly. Can anyone help? If that piece was the case then it doesn't matter. I will just look for a DSL at Cash Converters or the like, but I would prefer not to spend too much money on this.

Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.