I need help bui;ding a website :O

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok well my class nominated me to build a website for my school. What is the website for you ask? Well it is for an upcoming tournament we will be having. So i was looking around good ol Google and Youtube but i couldn't find a good tutorial. My teacher said the school is paying for it and i will be using a mac. so what im looking for is.

How do i build a website:
-Background
-Links
-Everything else needed on a website

This wole week i will have time on it with my schools mac for 45minutes a day for 5days. Then after that i dont know when i will be able to. My teacher says he wants it up by January 12 so ya i dont know when i get back from Christmas vacation.So...........Help?

Thanks a lot for your time
smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ack, a Mac. My cousin had Computer Science [or was it Comptech...] and he had to build a website.

When he went to my house, he was using Adobe Dreamweaver to build it. I know that you need some type of C++ compiler to create the site. I will try to ask him how he built it again. Then I can pass it onto you.

You must feel awesome that you can nominated for that ;D.
Is it a Elementary School or Secondary School?

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol secondary 2 for me (grade 8)
tongue.gif
and it is our school annual grade six soccer tournament where we host the biggest grade six soccer tournament for elementaries in Laval

its xNIGHTMAREx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell would they nominate you to do it if you don't even know how? Anyways, with the time you have I would just get a free template and base it off that then you can spend the rest of the time goofing off!
yay.gif

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Ack, a Mac. My cousin had Computer Science [or was it Comptech...] and he had to build a website.

When he went to my house, he was using Adobe Dreamweaver to build it. I know that you need some type of C++ compiler to create the site. I will try to ask him how he built it again. Then I can pass it onto you.

You must feel awesome that you can nominated for that ;D.
Is it a Elementary School or Secondary School?
C++ != Html

All you need is a text editor and knowledge of Html to create a simple website. Html is by far the easiest language to learn.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol the reason the nominated me is because sadly in the program i am in (leadership) where we organize everything i now the msot about computers (SAD, i know right?
tongue.gif
)

its xNIGHTMAREx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
Lol the reason the nominated me is because sadly in the program i am in (leadership) where we organize everything i now the msot about computers (SAD, i know right?
tongue.gif
)
Aww, that sucks! Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and to everyone saying that he needs to learn HTML I don't think he could learn it in time though so again I suggest you use a free website template. Google it you should get tons of 'em. Oh, and since it's a school I don't really think they want something super nice cause I doubt they could come up with something. Lol that's why they are relying on the students.

omgdaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its xNIGHTMAREx said:
UnseenHero said:
tongue.gif
)
Aww, that sucks! Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and to everyone saying that he needs to learn HTML I don't think he could learn it in time though so again I suggest you use a free website template. Google it you should get tons of 'em. Oh, and since it's a school I don't really think they want something super nice cause I doubt they could come up with something. Lol that's why they are relying on the students.

Takes like an hour or two to learn.
Takes like a day or two (depending on how much you practice) to master.

Now if you want to get into CSS and Javascript or any other scripting language, that's a different story.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok well i might just get a template re write everything on it and then see if my teacher approves but now i have to learn to use it and jceggbert wow u made that from scarth how lol and how long did it take?

its xNIGHTMAREx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgdaniel said:
its xNIGHTMAREx said:
UnseenHero said:
tongue.gif
)

Takes like an hour or two to learn.
Takes like a day or two (depending on how much you practice) to master.

Now if you want to get into CSS and Javascript or any other scripting language, that's a different story.
Oh wow really. That's cool I'll have to learn sometime. Maybe winter break?

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol ya i was testing it out and failed....well now i have to go to sleep i hope to see alot of suggestions and tips when i comeback
smile.gif

Peace all and thank you once again for all your help

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll start from the top, it'll be pretty, actually very easy to make a simple website, but it'll be very pricy. For my method you need Adobe Dreamweaver, and a Free Website Template. For a varied selection visit This site, Or this site. After downloading a template open it up in Adobe Dreamweaver and change all the text, with Dreamweaver you just need to click the text and it'll set the font for you and you'll be able to change it, not much coding skill needed. After everything is changed you need to set up links and pictures, if you use a template like This onethe links are set up nicely at the top so you can just change the text up there. I've got no idea how you'll redirect it to another site so your on your own from here. For your background this is what you'll need to do, with the template still open go to Modify --> Page Properties, Type the location of the image in the Background Image box, or click on the Browse button to locate and select the image. Click OK.
After your done your website, or when you plan on closing the website, save then File --> Preview in Browser to see how it looks. Hope I helped.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe your school has iWeb on this mac, so it should be a easy clickaround job
if not do what the other ones told ya, html will help you a lot and you will also be able to do your work at home since html isn't bound to any special editor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you