Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JetKun said:
I hear the iPhone is always a good choice. If you want a cheaper ne, maybe an LG Shine. They are pretty good mods, and references can be found wherever.
............. He can't afford the iPhone and doesn't want a contract or did you not read?

I'd personally go with the HTC Dream out of those choices. Then again I have no knowledge of Windows Mobile phones at all.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iPhone = too expensive. my aunt has an iPhone and my sister has an iPod Touch. i would rather get the iPod Touch since it is lighter and i would've only gotten it for the apps/games. and plus, BoxShot said it too, i can't got for a plan -_-.

so uh, BoxShot, have you ever tried the HTC Dream/Android OS? if you have would it be simple and easy to use?

oohh, that helped a lot IchigoSJ. i did a little more research on the HTC Dream and now i feel like i don't want to get it anymore. sure it has Android apps and what not, but then it just being from Rogers makes it an even bigger problem. mainly because the Dream was dropping support from Rogers, so getting an official update doesn't exist. not only that, but it is @ 1.5 and not 1.6. there's an update to 2.2 but i also read it was unstable and disables some features for the HTC Dream. bleh... Android is a problem i guess for these older HTC phones. the Dream @ 1.5 had a problem for calling Emergency Calling 911. soo... no thanks Dream, i might not want to buy you anymore. but that's only cause it's from Rogers.

summed it all up: the HTC Dream from Rogers has a 911 calling problem. rooting it seems more troublesome then ever. so this phone will be put on hold and i will look for other options.

some more research. they released an update to fix this 911 calling issue [yay]. but now i an reading things that it can't be rooted. damn. i will go on an Android forum for more support .__.
GBAtemp is just... limited, xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1