I need a good speech

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Hedgehogofchaos, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Hedgehogofchaos
    OP

Hedgehogofchaos GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2008
    Canada
    So I'm taking this speech and debate class and I need to find a powerful speech that is about five minutes a few more minutes wont hurt but it cannot exceed ten minutes. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I am NOT writing a speech. I have to find one that has been done by a politician or a passionate speech. And please don't say i have a dream.

2. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    What is it that you're asking for exactly? Help on finding a suitable topic to discuss (in which case are you limited a specific topic or can it be about anything?), or do you need help on actually preparing the speech? It is a video/script of an existing speech that you're after to examine/copy? (etc.)

3. Advi

Advi GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Do you need a topic? Or do you already have one?

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Aren't you supposed to write your own speech?

Instead of using someone else's one?

5. Hedgehogofchaos
    OP

Hedgehogofchaos GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2008
    Canada
    Oops sorry I need a prewritten speech made by a politician or someone influential. That has emotion. I have found plenty of good speeches it's just they all exceed my alloted time

6. xylos

xylos GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2007
    United States
    Crazy Cowtown City KS
    So you're writing a speech for debate huh? Well seeing that this years topic for debate *policy* is health care, then you should really just be able to find stuff on sites like debate central or other policy debate sites.

Anyway I'm only saying that because I myself am a 2 year debate veteran