PS1/2 I may buy an PS3 for Bluray, How is the hack scene

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I may buy a PS3 as Bluray player,
I want EA skate so badly and it is only for PS3 so that is nice if i get an PS3(Rob Dyrdek on a game cool!!!!)
So is there any modchip or software mod that it can run Games and how?
I don't have an Bluray burned so how do you use it like over a network connection or something?

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, and skate
I want to play Rob Dyrdek that is awesome
tongue.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
PS3 as of now is still the best choice for Blu-ray. Hackscene isn't alive yet, but if we can believe rumors it should start popping up somewhere in march, not sure on that. Also remember that the games you are going to download are huge.

Anyhows, skate. is a great game. So you wont be disappointed with that.
smile.gif

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
if its only one game you want, and as the ps3 is the cheapest bluray player out there, how about just fork the money out for it?

buy it somewhere used, should be like 40ish max. (talking about the game here, mind you)

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if its only one game you want, and as the ps3 is the cheapest bluray player out there, how about just fork the money out for it?

buy it somewhere used, should be like 40ish max.
Nah i don't want a used one
I like new stuff, i have the money of course
tongue.gif

The 40GB version only cost 399Euro
Damn these games cost 59Euro(I'm used to 0 Euro Excluding DVD+R cost
tongue.gif
, i bought Zelda tough
tongue.gif
), toobad EA didn't release Skate for PC that would be really cool my almost new
smile.gif
pc could handle it(As long X360 can handle it my pc can def handle it)

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got one myself. The hacking scene is pretty non-existant. They had hacked the otheros (read other o.s.) to access the RSX chip (the gfx card) but the 2.10 update apparently killed that.

There's a video floating around of some dudes called Team ICE who claim they've exploited the machine and are running their own code, but they can't display anything on screen yet.. Take it as you will. Some respectable people are saying it's the real deal though.

The games are overall weak, anything good you can get on it is probably on another (and modable) system, or the pc. High definition movies are cool, but there's only so many that really break out the amazing experience. Movies with a lot of CG are great in high def, but watching something like Dumb and Dumber isn't really going to blow your socks off.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I just got one myself. The hacking scene is pretty non-existant. They had hacked the otheros (read other o.s.) to access the RSX chip (the gfx card) but the 2.10 update apparently killed that.

There's a video floating around of some dudes called Team ICE who claim they've exploited the machine and are running their own code, but they can't display anything on screen yet.. Take it as you will. Some respectable people are saying it's the real deal though.

The games are overall weak, anything good you can get on it is probably on another (and modable) system, or the pc.
 High definition movies are cool, but there's only so many that really break out the amazing experience. Movies with a lot of CG are great in high def, but watching something like Dumb and Dumber isn't really going to blow your socks off.

Your confusing it with the 360. Most if not all PS3 exclusives are actually exclusives. Xbox 360 Exclusives are all gonna be on the PC eventually. And PS3 Exclusives = Amazing so.. I don't know where your coming from.

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
its the best blueray player for your buck now too

Also it should be mentioned that right now the PS3 is probably the only "futureproof" BluRay player... as the standard is starting to include new features, which very few BluRay players actually support right now because they have no real ability to update their firmware.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that any game copying you'll be doing on the PS3 will be like this:

1. hack firmware ala XBox1
2. rent/buy/borrow/steal original game disk
3. use hacked firmware to copy came contents to HDD
4. play
5. delete data when you're bored with the game

What are blue ray burners costing these days? More than a single PS3? How about blank disks? $10? Not really worth the price of piracy at that rate, might as well just buy the few decent games that come along and rent the rest like in the old days.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
My guess is that any game copying you'll be doing on the PS3 will be like this:

1. hack firmware ala XBox1
2. rent/buy/borrow/steal original game disk
3. use hacked firmware to copy came contents to HDD
4. play
5. delete data when you're bored with the game

What are blue ray burners costing these days? More than a single PS3? How about blank disks? $10? Not really worth the price of piracy at that rate, might as well just buy the few decent games that come along and rent the rest like in the old days.

Blu-ray burners are around $400 so no they're not more than a ps3.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also it should be mentioned that right now the PS3 is probably the only "futureproof" BluRay player... as the standard is starting to include new features, which very few BluRay players actually support right now because they have no real ability to update their firmware.

I am one of the people who bought a PS3 soley as a blu ray player.

I have to add though that the above is misinformation, all of the blu ray players I looked at had a method of updating the firmware, even if its a usb cable link. The idea of blu ray / java menu's is that it is updatable.

I think its still the cheapest Blu Ray player , and its certainly the cheapest one with built in DVD upscaling to boot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4