Hacking I know this sounds odd, but is there any other way to update?

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I just want to say that I KNOW everybody's initial intention will be to say "You should never update your Wii, there's never any reason too". I've been around long enough to have a decent idea of what I'm doing.

*A little background info*
The problem is that way back when, I didn't really know what I was doing. I lost track of what softmods I have installed on my Wii long ago. I have cIOSs, cIOSCorp, Priiloader, and God only knows what else.

But, I want to start using SNEEK, particularly for RB3 DLC which requires the shop channel, which requires the EULA which I can't seem to get to work on SNEEK. As many of you know, SNEEK isn't compatible with many of the softmods I have installed.

My plan was to make a Bootmii backup, update to get rid of the majority of the mods, make a new Bootmii backup and extract the NAND from that, then restore my first backup.
*END*

*The problem*
Now here's where things get frustrating. Every time I try to update I get an error (32004, to be exact). I've connected to the internet before, and the error occurs after it's checked my connection, so it's not that.

Is there some other way I can update to 4.3?

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dop-mii, and alot of other hbb apps.

i prefer dop-mii
wink.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would do system format. After that make a new backup with bootmii.
Enable Sneek and update in sneek.

Or better,

Run Pimp my wii, then I would do system format. After that make a new backup with bootmii.
Enable Sneek and update in sneek.
NEVER EVER UPDATE VIA NINTENDO
The only negative is...Your Wii massageboard number will be diffferent.

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the amazingly quick replies!

I started up DOP-Mii, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Like I said, I want to update to get rid of my softmods. DOP-Mii can help with cIOSCorp (for which the uninstallers don't seem to want to work) but as far as I can tell it won't get rid of the other softmods. Not to mention that installing every IOS individually would take an unreasonable amount of time.

Thanks again, it's just not what I need right now
cool.gif

EDIT: System format will only delete my saves and other information (I think that includes my Shop Channel info, which is what I'm trying to SAVE). Also, I can't start SNEEK with my current NAND because its compatible with all the mods I have.

I'm just looking for an alternative way to update, or a solution to that error. I KNOW under normal circumstances you're not supposed to do official updates, but that BECAUSE IT DOES WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night