Hacking I know it has probably been said before but...

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xblackoutx said:
www.teamcyclops.com/forum

Problems should probably be directed here. One of the great benefits of owning a CycloDS.

Actually I find that the TC boards are filled with misinformation. Theres a lot of fanboys there kissing phantom butt (praising TC's customer service which is adequate at best). Most of the posts are stupid questions which could have been answered through searches and the replies are people telling the op to use search. I would be more inclined to post my Cyclo questions here than at TC.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
xblackoutx said:
www.teamcyclops.com/forum

Problems should probably be directed here. One of the great benefits of owning a CycloDS.

Actually I find that the TC boards are filled with misinformation. Theres a lot of fanboys there kissing phantom butt (praising TC's customer service which is adequate at best). Most of the posts are stupid questions which could have been answered through searches and the replies are people telling the op to use search. I would be more inclined to post my Cyclo questions here than at TC.
They got really good at customer service after I PMed them about being jerked around by their "support staff". The claimed that it was being handled by their sub-contracted manufacturer, and that the were screwing up, which I can believe. Still they should've kept more on top of the situation than they did, but at least the shift of warranty support to retailers SHOULD mean that it will be handled well, at least if the vendor wants to keep a customer. Also, I suppose to other flash card companies, they are better at support, after all some of them seem to be native English speakers or very good at English as their second language(Evolution acct), although the guy that posts with the other account(Cyclops IIRC) seems to have breakdowns with English most of the time as in half of the posts give me a headache trying to puzzle out. The "support" account was VERY definitely Chinese, as even in the short email exchanges with them there were a fair number of Chinese engrishisms.

When they DID finally send my replacement Evolution, it came from Hong Kong to the US in 3d, which was probably fairly expensive. Of course part of the delay for me was that I never got a response from TC until just before the lunar new year which held things up, and then I think that I had to wait for them to do another manufacturing run as they seem to sell through fairly quickly.

It also seems that they are suddenly getting serious about doing updates to their firmware again, which is good, since it seemed like an awfully long time between v1.2 and v1.3-beta.

It's a pretty decent card though. Still better than my SCDS1(fewer problems overall), and will be MUCH better when/if they get soft-reset from homebrew working too, as I REALLY love that on the SCDS1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...