gdude30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's next?

I have my Micro SD card ready, I have a Card Reader, and my DS is fully charged.

I am looking at some of these guides.

And I see something about "AKIKIO" firmware. I don't see that on the glossary or wikipedia though.

According to the "www.acekard.com" site there is a new firmware out.

"Update Date:2009-05-17
Ak2,AK2i new firmware 4.17 released

Fixed saving issue of 3690.
Warnning! Please delete the old 512k save file before using this new menu. And 3690 uses a save file of 256mbit. So it'll take a very long time to create new save file when you first entering the game. Please be patient.

[Download here]"

So I am wondering if the firmware that is here is different than the official one that's on Acekard's website. I'm wondering if there is a significant or crucial difference. I can figure out all the emulation and everything else later. I just want to get this card set up. But I don't want to brick my DS Lite.

I did make a thread a while back on uncertainty of which card to buy. And even though i'd like GBA games I can wait on that. I bought the Acekard 2i despite the fact that I have a DS lite because of the spring slot for the Micro SD card. The Acekard 2 it seemed that you had to take the card apart and that did not look like fun.

So yeah. I'm just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

Oh and by the way this is the guide I've found.

To make this not seem like a typical "n00b" thread even though I am a n00b. Right now I am just wondering which firmware I should use. The official one or the one posted in this thread.

"http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154624"

Thank you...

And sorry if this has been asked millions of times. But I am happy that my acekard finally got here...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is better you use AKIKIO aka AKAIO
yeah.. thats the link

brick? yeah i wish it could brick a DSL~! so i will brick everyone's DSL
smile.gif

just kidding~!

gdude30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the one that was on the thread that the person made. It's working great too.

I got everything worked out.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)