I just finish instaling tiramisu what do I do ?

Jeanbon-Beurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey
I install tiramisu on my console with the guide from the tiramisu site
And i dont know what to do know
Do I need to instaling a USB storage now ?
(A USB san disk stick 128 work and is not going to break After 6 month ?
I know that a hdd is better but I dont have one now )
I want to play ds on it so do I make 2 storage one for the Wii u part and one for the vwii ?
Sorry for these dumb question but im completly lost with all the tutorial
Thank you

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using flashdrives are not recommended, they are causing a lot problems because of incompatibility. They may work or not. Search the Forum and you will find a lof "why my USB stick doesnt work" or other problems e.g that games wont run from it. Therefore external HDD/SDD drives are recommended. And you need one drive for vWii and one for WiiU.

USB sticks are flashdrives and they will die one day because of limited write amount. If its a quality one like from Sandisk they live some years. But also Nintendo doesnt recommend them because of the high write amount of the WiiU.

If you want play DS games on WiiU, as i know you can inject them into WiiU or using Loadiine as loader.

Jeanbon-Beurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey thanks for your reply
Okay so can I use a flashdrive until I buy a SSD ? I will just need to copy the file of the stick to the SSD ?
there will be no probleme when I will change them ? or I must reset and rehack my WII U ?

And also this guide is ok ?
cheapergamer.co.uk/wii-u-hacking-guide-part-2/

Again thanks for your help

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure. You can use a flashdrive first, then if you get a HDD/SSD just copy everything over. On vWii drive you can use a PC, but for the WiiU drive it have to be done by the WiiU itself because the WiiU uses its own decrypted filesystem. If the vWii/WiiU is once hacked, it doesnt has to be done again.

If the guide is update it can be used, we recommend this guide: https://wii.guide/

Reactions: jeannotte

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what do you do? well it depends on what you want to do doesnt it?

just want to have homebrew stuff like cheats region free and whatnot?

want to use emulators?which ones?
want to play wiiu games?
want to play wii games?
want to play gamecube games?

i have no idea what you actually want to do lol

Reactions: jeannotte

Jeanbon-Beurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey
Yeah sorry I forgot to tell what I want lol
Well I want in priority play DS games on the wii u
I also want to play wii and gamecube but like the hack of the orginal wii so I need 2 HDD
I'm not really interested in the wii u games cause I have a switch lol
thanks for your reply

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey
Yeah sorry I forgot to tell what I want lol
Well I want in priority play DS games on the wii u
I also want to play wii and gamecube but like the hack of the orginal wii so I need 2 HDD
I'm not really interested in the wii u games cause I have a switch lol
thanks for your reply
the only way to play ds games is to make injection in wiiu virtual console one by one game you cant have a load of them and load them by command so you need an injector and a wup installer
maybe this is your best option seems to work okay
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-uwuvci-injectiine.486781/

Not sure what is the best injector for ds tough also some ds games dont work so its up to you to test them out, any dsi enhanced game will not boot on ds vc on wiiu, and some other games will have issues/glitches, but the compatibility is preety good you can see the list here.

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_NDS_injection

for wii and gc games there is the option of making a forwarder to use wiiu gamepad on the games (all gc games and wii games that support the classic controller) if that doesnt interest you you can use the wii methods like nromal usbloaders and such they will work the same on vwii.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey
I install tiramisu on my console with the guide from the tiramisu site
And i dont know what to do know
Do I need to instaling a USB storage now ?
(A USB san disk stick 128 work and is not going to break After 6 month ?
I know that a hdd is better but I dont have one now )
I want to play ds on it so do I make 2 storage one for the Wii u part and one for the vwii ?
Sorry for these dumb question but im completly lost with all the tutorial
Thank you
You usually want 2 different drives for Wii U and vWii, or you can use a SD card for the vWii, or if you want to store Wii U and Wii/GC games on the same drive the only option is to use Wii VC injects (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/)
You may or may not have success using that flash drive with USB loaders. Most of them don't work at all with USB loaders. Wii U mode and Wii VC will work off of it though, but the drive will wear out quickly plugged into the Wii U as it writes to it even in standby mode, so it might be a good idea to unplug the drive when the Wii U is not in use to prolong its life span.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ