Gaming I just dont get whats exciting about Brawl.

Keatsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Deep? No way! It's always been the simpelest fighter ever..
Fun, sure. But not "amazingly deep" or whatnot! come on!
Yeah, that's something a lot of people assume, but it really isn't true. Melee has been one of, if not the most, successful tournament fighters since it's launch, and there's still a very active and large tournament scene. The work some people have put into mastering characters and analyzing gameplay is beyond belief.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get to twat Diddy Kong with a hammer, whats not to get excited about?

Seriously the series is something that I can put on and play and enjoy myself, I love unlocking all the stuff and the different modes are fun too. Some fighting games get boring once everything is unlocked unless of course you fight someone who you know.

Smash Bros is probably the best in single player and lasts the longest and this new one sounds like the single player will be even better.

Also anyone who says its not deep need to play more of it with ALL characters.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well im not hiped at all about this new installment of SSB but I did have a lot off fun with SSBM on the Gamecube! 3 or 4 player MP matches are just total mayhem fun and the fight system is much beter then traditional fighters. The trick is that you dont have to know a 50 button ultra combo, but use tactics to damage and smash 'em of the stage! The fighting system is 100% logical as in a FPS. so super punch = A+ right and not A+B+B+Y+X+Y+B+ DOWN + DOWN + UP....

Handicapman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well im not hiped at all about this new installment of SSB but I did have a lot off fun with SSBM on the Gamecube! 3 or 4 player MP matches are just total mayhem fun and the fight system is much beter then traditional fighters. The trick is that you dont have to know a 50 button ultra combo, but use tactics to damage and smash 'em of the stage! The fighting system is 100% logical as in a FPS. so super punch = A+ right and not A+B+B+Y+X+Y+B+ DOWN + DOWN + UP....

Sorry dude, of topic, but your sig-pic made me laugh HARD!!!!!!!!!!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i haven't played melee much, but i;ve played the N64 super smash so sooo much. i still play it a couple of times a year when friends are over.

here is what makes super smash a great game:

no battle is EVER the same.
variety of battle modes; team, stock, free for all.
items which spice up the challenge.
variety of great characters with their own unique moves, no character owns all.
very intuitive combo system.
unique battle view
unique awesome damage system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock