Tutorial  Updated

I have system menu version X, what can I do?

This is a quick summary of the things that can be done on different system versions, since lots of newcomers have asked about what they can do with their 3DS consoles. The information refers to sysNAND running on E, U, and J regions, as other regions may have different exploit properties. Supported exploits are in green, unsupported in red, and partially-supported are in orange. Ones that haven't been filled in are ones I'm not too sure about, if anyone has the answers or spots any errors then please let me know so I can update this table.

Table.png
Updates:
22/01/16
- Added downgrading via hardmod for 10.4+ (thanks Voxel Studios)
23/02/16
- Added 10.6.0-31 entry (thanks Daxtsu)
- Fixed downgrading entry on 4.0.0-7 (thanks Trolling)
- Fixed 6.2.0-12 entry (thanks Voxel Studios)
- Simplified table by combining system versions with same features (thanks Mashers)
27/02/16
- Updated font and general formatting to look prettier
- Added MSET information (thanks Trolling and Ryccardo)
- Extended BrowserHax section to 4.0 (thanks thekarter104)
25/03/16
- Added 10.7.0-32
- Added svchax, OTP extraction, and A9LH
- Extended downgrading to beyond 9.2 (thanks Salamencizer)
- Updated entries for other exploits
10/05/16
- Added 11.0.0-33
- Table is now higher resolution, because reasons
26/06/16
- Added Basehaxx and Freakyhax
- Re-organised items by exploit type
15/10/2016
- Added 11.1.0-34 and updated all entries
- Added BASICSploit, Stickerhax, Supermysteryhax, Humblehax, (V*)hax
- Updated information regarding the use of hard mods and DSiWare for downgrading from recent firmwares
- Fixed a few mistakes (Thanks Gray_Jack)

Old version:
Table.png

3DS Exploits.png

Last edited by NekoMichi,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
@Trolling
I don't like the overlapping cells on the MSET row. It complicates things. The column just just be split to show the difference between the different fw versions (like the rest of the table).

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Trolling
I don't like the overlapping cells on the MSET row. It complicates things. The column just just be split to show the difference between the different fw versions (like the rest of the table).
I know.
My tabel shouldn't replace his, I did that to inform him that the exploid works till 4.5 (i was wrong, thanks Daxtsu and Ryccardo) so he can edit it.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I know.
My tabel shouldn't replace his, I did that to inform him that the exploid works till 4.5 (i was wrong thanks Daxtsu and Ryccardo) so he can edit it.
Oh I see. Just a thought, would it be possible for the image of your suggestion to be put in a spoiler? Someone scrolling down the thread might see it and think it's an update.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hi everyone, sorry about the delay.
I've never used MSET and am not sure which system versions it supports. Some say it's up to 4.5 while there are other posts about it on 6.0+. Can someone give me a definite figure and I'll add it to the table. Thanks. :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The classic MSET exploit was allegedly fixed in 5.0 (that's PARTIALLY why Gateway and softmods used to be 4.x only), which is dangerous to use on 2DS and N3DS (softbricks if factory reset).

Later the version bundled with 5.x and 6.x (called "6.x" in the scene) was also found out to be exploitable, but the payloads are different (example: as I've said, you must use 4.x to launch rxtools 2.x, while rxtools3 can work with 4.x or 6.x at your choice)

Then, since it's possible to downgrade individual titles on every scenario where you can install legit cias, it's possible to downgrade the system settings app only, but in practice it's only done up to 9.2 as MSET is mainly used for kernel access....

So, I would add 2 lines:
MSET 4.x = 4.x green, 5.0-9.2 Yellow
MSET 6.X = 5.0-6.3 green, 7.0-9.2 yellow

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thank you for this! This is exactly what I needed to find!

If you every wanted to make this even more detailed you could add links to high value tutorials on each of the different options you can do.

Thanks again!

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mset 6.x is not "requires installation" on 5.x and 6.x firmwares.

Also, while it is possible to install a lower version mset, have exploits been written for all possible combinations? That is, is it really possible to install the 6.x mset on an 8.x machine and be able to use it for anything?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, why Browserhax is red in the 4.1 to 8.1 section?
I launch rxTools via browser on 4.5, isn't that browserhax ??
Well, I think that it's another kind of browserhax (maybe has other name?) but it is not able to run homebrew (.3dsx at least)

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a quick summary of the things that can be done on different system versions, since lots of newcomers have asked about what they can do with their 3DS consoles. The information refers to sysNAND running on E, U, and J regions, as other regions may have different exploit properties. Supported exploits are in green, unsupported in red, and partially-supported are in orange. Ones that haven't been filled in are ones I'm not too sure about, if anyone has the answers or spots any errors then please let me know so I can update this table.

Updates:
22/01/16
- Added downgrading via hardmod for 10.4+ (thanks Voxel Studios)
23/02/16
- Added 10.6.0-31 entry (thanks Daxtsu)
- Fixed downgrading entry on 4.0.0-7 (thanks Trolling)
- Fixed 6.2.0-12 entry (thanks Voxel Studios)
- Simplified table by combining system versions with same features (thanks Mashers)
27/02/16
- Updated font and general formatting to look prettier
- Added MSET information (thanks Trolling and Ryccardo)
- Extended BrowserHax section to 4.0 (thanks thekarter104)

Old version:

How kind of you to make this guide,now if only we could have this stickied it would solve many problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT