Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello there...
i have some questions and im on 9.2 sysnand on O3DS so:

1)How can i play GBA games using the injection method
2)Why when i keep installing custom themes they are not there? It worked the first time (.cia)
3)I am playing Rutile Ruby but i cant go online. Can i update the game without losing its edits?
4)Can someone guide me through number 1?

D

Deleted User

Hello there...
i have some questions and im on 9.2 sysnand on O3DS so:

1)How can i play GBA games using the injection method
2)Why when i keep installing custom themes they are not there? It worked the first time (.cia)
3)I am playing Rutile Ruby but i cant go online. Can i update the game without losing its edits?
4)Can someone guide me through number 1?

I'd recommend reading and learning about CFW first, and think about using emuNAND. Regardless, you'll end up installing the GBA .cias to at least sysNAND, but you can't do that without a .cia installer. Which you might need to install to your sysNAND, but without a CFW patching some things on the fly, that won't work. FBI comes in both a .3dsx and a .cia, but I don't know what permissions the ninjahax2.5 grants, so we're back at CFW and emuNAND.

Once you've got that all figured out, look here for making your own GBA VC .cias and patching the AGB_FIRM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/ This here is another reason to look into using emuNAND, as you'd have to patch the AGB_FIRM (unless you're using a CFW that patches that on the fly, but it didn't work for me when I used one that did until I installed a patched AGB_FIRM). The less you have to mess with your sysNAND, the better. To note, too, you don't always have to make your own; .cias of GBA VC injects exist but you'll have to look on that iso site or others because they contain ROMs in them.

No idea about the custom theme thing; I've always just used either the menuhax installer or CHMM2.

Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire require you to have no updates installed, so I doubt it.

I've given you a good link there, but as for CFW and emuNAND setup, there are a couple of threads out there. I recommend using rxTools if you're not sure which CFW to use. This tutorial is the one I used, but at the time it had links for rxTools. It has CakesFTW, which will get you started at least. Plus you might end up liking CakesFTW anyways since it has a neat patch system. At any rate, search around here ReiNAND, Pasta, rxTools, and CakesFTW at least so you can get an idea of what you'd want in a CFW. After getting things set up, read about those and go from there.

Reactions: DesuIsSparta
D

Deleted User

Thanks for replying.Btw I have rxTools and big blue menu among with FBI

Ah, so you're quite ahead of the game. Just install GBA .cias like any other, to both sysNAND and emuNAND, and you'll be good to play them on emuNAND with rxTools (unless you disable signature patches on sysNAND with rxTools).

D

Deleted User

You have to use FBI or what have you from sysNAND to install to sysNAND. The NAND option does not necessarily mean the NAND of the sysNAND. As a general rule of thumb, always install to the SD card.

If your NANDs are linked then just install from emuNAND. If not, start your .cia manager of choice from sysNAND, install, then go to emuNAND and do the same.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't want to play it absolutely from your emulated NAND, you can just launch it from sysNAND (and you don't need to install it twice).

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The themes disappearing is caused by accessing the eShop after installing them. Same happens with DLC. I've read somewhere that disabling WiFi then installing them rectifies this, but I've not tested it personally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...