Hardware I have F2A 256 and a gbBridge. What is the best way to get it to work?

Adent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to get this combo working. I've tried a couple of ways but the readmes always have some confusing jargon so they are hard to follow since I'm a noob in this scene.

So help me out. I downloaded PogoShell1.2.2-bridge all-in-one. In the readme for pogobridge it says.

USAGE:

Step 1) Place GBC2GBA.GB in your /root directory (can be anywhere)

Does this mean the folder named root in pogoshell? Can I put it in folder named Gameboy Games?

Step 2) Replace shell.bin in your PogoShell directory with the modified shell.bin included in this ZIP

Is this part already done? Since it comes with with PogoBridge 1.2.2?

Step 3) Extract go.bat and makefsb.exe to your PogoShell directory as well

They are already in the folder that contains the pogoshell root folder. By extract do the mean unzip? I'm guessing this part is done already.

Step 4) Put all the roms you want in your /root dir like you normally would. However, now you are able to put all your .GB/.GBC games in the root as well

I just want to play one game. Do I have to use GBorder? When I use gborder do I have to add more than one game for it to work? How do I figure out the save sizes of games? Are they listed somewhere?

Step 5) Run the included go.bat, which will utilize makefsb.exe to make your rom.bin

Does this mean click on go.bat to create the rom.bin? If I have GBA games in my root would I still be able to play them or would I have to remove the GBC2GBA.GB from my root first? Once I've removed GBC2GBA.GB from the root folder to make a GBA rom.bin do I click on makefsb.exe or go.bat?

Step 6) Use whatever software you wish to flash the created rom.bin

Adent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use GBOrder. But what do I name the compilation? Does it have to have a certain extension?

Adent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried it out and when I put the gbbridge in my GBA all I get is a garbled logo under the Gameboy logo. If I put in the cart without the bridge Pogoshell comes up fine and you can see the compilation file is written to the cart. I'm going to try putting more games in the compilation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker