Can PKGs be installed on an exfat USB?

Uzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how this works with app2usb.

To check the USB root for the PKG file to save time copying from the internal PS4 drive then uncomment the line below.
Remember this will move the PKG from the root directory to the PS4 folder.
CHECK_USB

I had conflicting results with two different games when I put their Game IDs in the app2usb.ini file. One seemed to install to the USB when I used GoldHEN's built-in package installer while the other didn't and installed to the internal HDD. So my question is, can you have a game on the root of your USB, install it to that USB and then indexed on the PS4 as if it were installed normally? If so, what are the steps to do that. Because I tried using the app2usb payload first and nothing happened. I had to install the game normally with GoldHEN's package installer, which sent it to internal storage.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Iirc, you can obviously install from usb exfat to internal via GoldHen, but not on the same usb drive, only external extended storage or internal.

If you want to use App2usb, you have to install on internal, and then move the game to the usb exfat.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Uzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, you can obviously install from usb exfat to internal via GoldHen, but not on the same usb drive, only external extended storage or internal.

If you want to use App2usb, you have to install on internal, and then move the game to the usb exfat.
That's what I figured. But be that as it may, I wonder what this line in App2USB.ini means then.

To check the USB root for the PKG file to save time copying from the internal PS4 drive then uncomment the line below.
CHECK_USB

x23are

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I'm not sure how this works with app2usb.

CHECK_USB

I had conflicting results with two different games when I put their Game IDs in the app2usb.ini file. One seemed to install to the USB when I used GoldHEN's built-in package installer while the other didn't and installed to the internal HDD. So my question is, can you have a game on the root of your USB, install it to that USB and then indexed on the PS4 as if it were installed normally? If so, what are the steps to do that. Because I tried using the app2usb payload first and nothing happened. I had to install the game normally with GoldHEN's package installer, which sent it to internal storage.
search about Magic USB

Uzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
search about Magic USB
How would anyone not already know what a Magic USB is if they have enough experience with jailbreaking their PS4 to be making a thread about App2USB? Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the comment says to save time copying the PKG , 🤔, dunno exactly what it does.
I’m not very familiar with App2usb, I used it sometimes ago to backup some of my games installed in internal to an external usb exfat (so I can stored them as FPKG , no longer having the original ones).

Last edited by Maupiti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IIbOZmwvI