Hacking I have a spare 4TB harddrive, what are my options?

raqibmarvelous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese Wii U running Haxchi on autoboot, and a 128GB flashdrive to store backups on.

I have a 4TB harddrive that I'm currently only using to store video files and I have been thinking about using it on my Wii U instead. But I'm curious to know if I will be able to use it for anything other than Wii U backups. Could I store Wii / Gamecube backups as well? Or do I have to pick one or the other in this situation? I ask since I know the Wii U has an odd proprietary format for storing games

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Japanese Wii U running Haxchi on autoboot, and a 128GB flashdrive to store backups on.

I have a 4TB harddrive that I'm currently only using to store video files and I have been thinking about using it on my Wii U instead. But I'm curious to know if I will be able to use it for anything other than Wii U backups. Could I store Wii / Gamecube backups as well? Or do I have to pick one or the other in this situation? I ask since I know the Wii U has an odd proprietary format for storing games
You can only use it for wiiu games due to as you say the odd proprietary format the wiiu uses. You can't even partition the hdd as the wiiu will format the whole drive.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only use it for wiiu games due to as you say the odd proprietary format the wiiu uses. You can't even partition the hdd as the wiiu will format the whole drive.
To add on to this, the console will only use the first 2 tb of the space and the rest of the data will go to waste

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up