Stecker8

Plug
OP
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
Hi, two weeks ago I ordered some components to build a PC for gaming (Procesor: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz,GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GT OC 4GB GDDR5, MotherBoard: Asus Prime B250M-A)
I Put all the components.
I plugged the AC and when I tried to turn on :
Only works the Lights forma the motherboard, the fans from the heatsink and from the power supply they aré not working.
It is not the AC, RAM or GPU I don't what is happening.
Please help.
EDIT: I solved it thanks this Great Forum, I only had to plug the power button

Last edited by Stecker8,

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you plugged the right things in and plugged them in fully. My PC did half-assed bootups when the ATX power (the large 24-pin plug) wasn't plugged in all the way (black screen, fans running, nothing else). Also make sure you didn't accidentally plug in a PCIe connector into your motherboard if your PSU has it. Just make sure your ATX Power and ATX CPU plugs are connected correctly, and your SATA power plugs into your drives, and you'll be golden.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you double check all of the important ports to make sure they're connected like Ryan said and still no luck, it'd help if you could show us a picture of the motherboard while it's all plugged in. Sometimes it's really easy to miss a connection. When I built my first PC I was super scared because it wouldn't turn on but the problem ended up being me missing the CPU power connection. In my defense, it's all the way on the opposite side of the motherboard from the rest of the pins.

Stecker8

Plug
OP
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
If you double check all of the important ports to make sure they're connected like Ryan said and still no luck, it'd help if you could show us a picture of the motherboard while it's all plugged in. Sometimes it's really easy to miss a connection. When I built my first PC I was super scared because it wouldn't turn on but the problem ended up being me missing the CPU power connection. In my defense, it's all the way on the opposite side of the motherboard from the rest of the pins.
Here we go: https://imgur.com/gallery/AvyfO

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you made sure the Bios is up to date?

When I got my motherboard I had to do a BIOS update using the flash recovery before it worked.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Please, just please stop having that motherboard directly on that rug. It might be fine still, but it could also get electrostatic damage stemming from having been handled on that rug.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this question seems stupid, but after plugging the AC...

Have you hit the Power switch or shorted the corresponding mobo pins?

PS: from the pictures the RAM module doesn't seem to be fully plugged, are you sure it clicked from both sides?

Stecker8

Plug
OP
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
Sorry if this question seems stupid, but after plugging the AC...

Have you hit the Power switch or shorted the corresponding mobo pins?

PS: from the pictures the RAM module doesn't seem to be fully plugged, are you sure it clicked from both sides?
About the RAM is ok but about the power Switch idk where plug the power SW

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About the RAM is ok but about the power Switch idk where plug the power SW
Check page 1-10 here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...1.1432996280.1516806614-1081842388.1516806614

Also, as a picture, it is these two pins encircled in RED:
dpKhQFi.jpg

If you feel adventurous you could just short them with your screwdriver and it should turn on, but before:
check again if you have plugged all corresponding cables, including fan cables, check the manual link above!

PS: Meh, I think that mobo picture doesn't match your mobo exactly, but it is almost the same. Look for the corresponding connector (that also should be there in the manual) and connect the power switch or short the pins to turn it on. I think I see the connector on one of your pictures and it is has nothing plugged in.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take everything apart and put the pieces in a safe place.
Put them together slowly this time until you have your CPU, Ram and Cooler installed then motherboard installed. Put in your HDD/SSD in then power supply. Make sure you read the manual for the motherboard correctly and plug everything in correctly. Turn on your computer for a test to see if everything is working then turn it off. Insert whatever else is left and test again before you fix the inside. Also try moving to another power outlet, I had a problem where my GPU didn't run properly because it was in a faulty outlet.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Please, just please stop having that motherboard directly on that rug. It might be fine still, but it could also get electrostatic damage stemming from having been handled on that rug.
I wasn't the only one grinding my teeth at that pic?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse