Hacking I have a problem

mylesmadness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had my wii hacked(Dont ask me what I changed, I don't remember) I got the homebrew channel install and a couple other things(again dont remember). Then it got updated to 4.2 and lost all the hacks. Now I dont care about it being hacked anymore, but I just need to be able to update it freely without error codes and stuff. Is this possible?

Edit: Me stupid, I did end up updating to 4.3, but the shop channel wont update. Im guessing I need to go rent a game and hack the wii again?

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run an exploit and reinstall homebrew channel

run IOS236 installer

run MMM and change IOS to 236

reinstall all non-stub IOS under 200 with no patches

install system menu 4.1

try online update again

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
troy512 said:
run an exploit and reinstall homebrew channel

run IOS236 installer

run MMM and change IOS to 236

reinstall all non-stub IOS under 200 with no patches

install system menu 4.1

try online update again
You're basically saying to downgrade it to update again. Looks like a brick risk...

32017 = Update failure. Do you have priiloader or startpatch (imagining no since you say it lost it's hacks) installed? The "Block Online Updates" hack forces the wii to do this if enabled.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mylesmadness said:
... I just need to be able to update it freely without error codes and stuff.
Unless you have one of the games required to install the Homebrew Channel on a 4.3 Wii, I do not recommend getting it to update on its own. Try reinstalling the Homebrew Channel using bannerbomb and the latest HackMii Installer; ModMii can help you do this. Once you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel installed (1.0.8), you can try again to get your Wii to update (version 1.0.8 of the Homebrew Channel is immune to the 4.3 update) or update your Wii with ModMii.

As for getting your Wii to update, make sure you do not have Priiloader or Startpatch installed. Try holding down the reset button at the system menu and see if it brings you into the Priiloader settings. Reinstalling the system menu with ModMii will erase any Priiloader or Startpatch installations.

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was reinstalling system menu to remove priiloader or startpatch

when using MMM and reinstalling all non-stub IOS there will not be problem with brick

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
troy512 said:
i was reinstalling system menu to remove priiloader or startpatch
Then why install 4.1 over 4.2? He has 4.2 already, and it works except for the updater. A new 4.2 SM would be fine to remove startpatch. If he had priiloader, you don't even need to remove it. Just turn off the hacks. The official update would take care of removal.

QUOTE(troy512 @ Feb 26 2011, 12:27 AM) when using MMM and reinstalling all non-stub IOS there will not be problem with brick
But it won't fix this issue either. And yes, it CAN brick if one fails to install correctly (especially the SM IOS).

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
troy512 said:
techboy said:
But it won't fix this issue either. And yes, it CAN brick if one fails to install correctly (especially the SM IOS).

MMM will not install stub IOS
Yes, but if the non-stubbed v6174 failed to install for some reason, he'd have a brick. While it is unlikely it would brick, there's still a risk. The odds are probably 1 in 10000 that'd an install would fail for no good reason, but I've seen it.

The original point that I was trying to make (and I probably could have been a bit more clear) was that the steps you recommended were overkill for such a simple problem. You should always try the simplest and safest things first.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose you've simply tried doing it again? Maybe a download failed or something on your connection and it may work on a subsequent try?

Cause if an update to 4.2 removed all your homebrew at the time and you've done nothing else, I don't know why you'd have any problems with 4.3.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
I don't suppose you've simply tried doing it again? Maybe a download failed or something on your connection and it may work on a subsequent try?

Cause if an update to 4.2 removed all your homebrew at the time and you've done nothing else, I don't know why you'd have any problems with 4.3.
I agree, if he took an update to 4.2 he does not have priiloader hacks to disable. Probably just a server issue.

mylesmadness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out im stupid and the update did go to 4.3 after all. Now I can't update for the store channel, im guessing I need to go rent a game and hack the wii again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo