OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's the most disgusting condiment on Earth
I think it was invented as a glue to keep lettuce attached to bread, and I think glue would taste like mayo (I can't say mayo tastes like glue because I haven't tasted glue)

I eat ketchup and BBQ sauce, but no mayo. Love Thai sweet chili sauce but hate sweet and sour. I eat salads with no dressing no Caesar no vinegar so salt and pepper but sometimes peanut sauce is not bad.

Do you hate mayo too?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
mmmmmmmmmmayonnaise!

Delicious on roast beef sammiches... or ham sammiches... not so good on peanut butter & jelly sammiches tho...

Better than ketchup on french fries.

Nice thing is.. the low fat kind still tastes like mayonnaise!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any type of mayo is disgusting to me, be it real mayo, Miracle Whip....whatever. I hate the stuff. I never understood why burger joints think all people want that nasty stuff on their burgers. For me, the preferred setup for my burgers is cheese, lettuce, onions and mustard. If I make a burger at home, I won't put ketchup on it, but at a restaurant, it doesn't bother me to have ketchup or pickles on it. I'm allergic to pure tomatoes, but not ketchup.
wtf.gif

Mayo on chicken I can understand, though I don't put it on MY chicken sandwiches, because I agree with deathfisaro on the "most disgusting condiment on Earth" statement.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mayonnaise is good, like ketchup though I think there is a big difference in quality between the cheap stuff and the more expensive brands. I will eat the cheap stuff but it doesn't compare to say a bottle of Helmans or Heinz.

Of course mayo only works with certain food, for example in a potato salad, and various meats in a sandwich. To be honest I prefer salad cream over mayo by a fair margin but it depends what I'm eating... I prefer salad cream with tuna but mayo with hazlet for example.

Mayo is one of those things I have to eat in moderation though - too much is kinda icky. Ketchup on the other hand I can't get enough of! Of course I do consume more than 3 different sauces - I like a bit of variety! Though saying that I think I've become addicted to chicken tikka rolls again, which are looooovely.

Oh and parents cooked lamb for dinner last couple of nights and we had the mint sauce and mint jelly out. Man I had forgotten how good mint jelly tastes. It's teh awesome!

biggrin.gif

...Back to reality I've just realised I've rambled on for 4 paragraphs talking about condiments and now I'm absolutely starving for something to eat!

frown.gif

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man I like mayo on some stuff like salads, chicken sandwidches etc. But honestly the one mayo I totally loved and smeared on everything we cooked was the mayo from France. I kid you not mayo from france is the best. My parents buy it from carrefour.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You know what they say about French mayonnaise...

..wait, even I don't know what they say about French mayonnaise...

... What do they say about French mayonnaise?

As an aside, I've typed the word mayonnaise so many times, I now know how to spell it!

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Miracle Whip than real mayo but with fries the real one is better but I usually use ketchup. In burgers it's disgusting.

I too enjoy the tangy zip of Miracle Whip.

Miracle Whip tastes good on pretty much everything, in my opinion. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken sammiches, fries sometimes, etc. Mayo can be okay sometimes in moderation, but I agree that it's pretty gross a good portion of the time.

But, if we're going to be talking condiments, then nothing tops dijon mustard for me.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to point out that real mayonnaise doesn't come in jars from the supermarket, you make it out of egg yolk, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard powder, oil, salt and a tiny bit of sugar (optional).

The stuff you buy at the store is similar, but it's not the real thing.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I order chicken burger, I specifically ask for no mayo. Have the burger to go and put some other stuff like sweet thai chili sauce on it instead.
When I order caesar salad I ask for no caesar dressing (and they ask me if I want garden salad, no I want chicken caesar salad without caesar. That makes chicken garden salad
tongue.gif
)
I eat brocollis raw, they're delicious that way.
And for "sandwiches" my favorite subway setup is footlong club (or melt) on honey oat, provologne(did I spell this right?), loads of lettuce, loads of tomato. That's it. And the workers stare at me with a weird look, even non-American workers there think having no sauce on sub is weird.

I have no clue what Salad Cream is, neither can I tell the difference between French and non-French mayo. (I gotta try it, it may change my view on mayos)

Oh yeah, when I went to Cafe Crepe, I ordered chicken and egg crepe and asked for no mayo in it, the waiter said the mayo acts as a glue and can't take it out. His tone somewhat implied "mayo=glue, not condiment" so I tipped him a bit extra =D

Edit: If may I add, just the smell of mayo makes my stomach dance, I was 2 seconds away from declaring "mayo allergy".
One time I forgot to ask for no mayo in my burger, I scraped it off with my spoon but i could still taste/smell the leftovers. I was unhappy whole afternoon that day =(
I could actually have mayo allergies you know lol

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ Most times that I'm eating something with a condiment, I'm eating that thing simple as a vehicle to deliver that condiment to my mouth.

Bagels are just a way for me to eat cream cheese with me looking like a cream cheese eating freak. Etc.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I will hunt for a mayonnaise recipe along the lines of destructobot's suggestion.
If it's better than Hellman's Pure, I gotta have it.

[jingle] Bring out the Hellman's and bring.. out the best! [/jingle]

Salad dressing tastes gacky to me.. it's been a while since I tried it though.

@deathfisaro: You allergic to "good", son!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...