Hacking I got the basics of the the AK2 but still.......

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got the basics down, you know stuff like playing/downloading roms.

I need to know how to do things like:\
  • using/ getting cheats
  • using moonshell (I got it but I don't know how to use it)
  • Other important stuff that you think I should know, Plez tell me or explain.
I had my AK2 for about a week and I haven't had any problems with it. Please post.
cry.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
using/ getting cheats
Depends if you're using a first party or third party loader. First party you need to write your own .cc file corresponding to the file name, and other tedious legwork because it must conform to a certain format. I'm sure you can find an FAQ on acekard.com or the like. Third party like AIO auto manages these for you by reading from a cheat database (cheats.gbatemp.net) then generating a .cc file for you.

QUOTE said:
using moonshell (I got it but I don't know how to use it)
Read the Moonshell readme? Pretty sure it involves patching DLDI, then you place the /moonshell directory on the root of your card and the moonshell.nds binary wherever you want.

Other important stuff that you think I should know, Plez tell me or explain.
Don't wear white after Labor Day.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I didn't understand any of that but I'll try finding a FAQ.

2. Thanx, I'll cheak it out.

3. lol, I'll remeber that.
laugh.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) the Acekard RPG loader is open source. The AK2 not so much, although the AKAIO loader will work with both. AKAIO is currently the only maintained third party loader--to my knowledge--since Bliss and whichever other one ceased development.

So to recap, if you are using the first party loader from Acekard then it lacks a cheat database function. You will have to write your own .cc files, and there is probably an FAQ on the Acekard site explaining how to do that. I believe the Acekard review on this site also explains it.

Meanwhile a third party loader (like AKAIO) has an automatic database manager. You download the .dat file from cheats.gbatemp.net, place it on the card, then the UI has a menu for selecting the cheats and will automatically generate the .cc file for you. That's the method most people prefer, although Acekard has yet to officially adopt+support the feature.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got it but where can I download the AKAIO? I searched the GBAtemp's cheat database section but nothing.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Thanx for the helpful posts guys.
yaynds.gif

Another edit: Well, I got the cheats menu to show up but one problam, THE CHEATS DON"T WORK, I don't know what happend but they didn't work. Oh and thanx for the links Heyyouguys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up