i got an extremely odd error...

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by silent sniper, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009
  1. silent sniper
    OP

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    currently, i'm in england. when i was on the plane ride here, i opened up my ds with my m3i zero with sakura and 8gb sandisk microsd (which i bought first batch from gamezway), it would load up, and it said fatal error occured and i needed to backup the files and format the card. so, i did that (and redownloaded the firmware from here), after i put all my files back on the sd card, i loaded it up, and now its giving me this error: "[LANGUAGE : ENGLISH] No system file found ! Put system file in"

i did some googling, and so far, this only seems to have happened to chinese carts... so wtf?

edit: i just downloaded the new f-core file, still getting the message. i'll try using the flashing cable again when i fly home tomorrow. but still, any help would be appreciated.

2. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    ""[LANGUAGE : ENGLISH] No system file found ! Put system file in""
    You need to install the firmware. The latest firmware is currently 4.3i. Be sure to place it on the root of the Microsd.

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Yah make sure you copy all of the system folder and place it in the root of your microsd.

4. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    The F-Core is not the firmware/system files. It's what loads the firmware/system files up... or something like that. Anyways, download these files and put the SYSTEM folder into your MicroSD. You will need WinRAR/7-Zip to extract it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4808

If that doesn't seem to work, I guess you should try the official installer rather than the unpacked files.

5. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    Thats what I did originally anyways. I added the new F-core after. But Ill try it again, now that im home from england

6. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    alright well i just redownloaded the firmware and f-core AGAIN... same bloody issue!

7. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Sounds like your microsd card might be corrupted beyond use. What card reader are you using?

8. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    the one that came with the M3. I had the card reader from my R4, but I sold that to him with the R4. I'll borrow it from him and try it out.

9. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Yah I'm not sure if this is still true with newer models like the m3i zero but the card reader that comes with the M3 Real will corrupt your micro sd over time (I have no idea why though).

Try another micro sd card.

10. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    Fuck. i probs gotta buy another one then >.

11. onper

Newcomer onper Newbie

Sweden
    I haven't seen my problem listed but I can see the card as a game, but when I start it the screens just turn white and nothing happens. I tried having it on for several mintues just to see if it was slow but nothing happened. Help please^^