Hacking I got a question about piracy on 3DS.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since the 3DS came out people have been speculating over when flashcart companies will start developing 3DS flashcarts and whatnot. Flashcarts we have now that allows us to play DS games and other emulation in DS mode. People have been so worried and scared about a possible bricking to this handheld yet we have been doing it for years on the DS system and even DSi gets updates so in a way thats taking a risk. My question to all of you is what reason is there to be scared of using a flashcart on the 3DS. Is there something im missing?

Im aware about the daily log that records what you do everyday but cant you easily delete the icon from the log whenever you want. I still dont see how using a flashcart is anymore risky than on a DSi or other DS systems.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres likes no chance of Nintendo "Directly" bricking your system. Though, i wouldnt see something too far fetched like what happened with Wii's getting bricked. (Or the flash cards simply getting blocked)

Either way, seeing as i just tossed 250$+ dollars on this thing, i'd rather wait it out. Especially since i still have my DS Lite and multiple flash cards.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both the DSi and the 3DS use firmware which both block out Piracy and other things. I think people need to realize that potentially these updates can only slow down the progression of piracy and not stop it at all.

To me the 3DS is like a firework that didn't go out. People are too scared to see if it will go off in your face or its just a dud and theres nothing to worry about.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The warning is that softmods can brick your console when nintendo try to remove them.
They won't intentionally brick a console.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea where this rumor of companies purposely bricking consoles came from, but I can't see Nintendo putting themselves in deep shit like that just for anti-piracy.

ccfreak2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The warning stems from the change from the uncertain ("may") to the certain ("will") on the back of the 3DS box and 3DS games. Some believe it to be an actual policy change; others think it's just FUD. I don't think anything "exciting" will happen until the Big Update.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
ccfreak2k said:
The warning stems from the change from the uncertain ("may") to the certain ("will") on the back of the 3DS box and 3DS games. Some believe it to be an actual policy change; others think it's just FUD. I don't think anything "exciting" will happen until the Big Update.
That's only in America.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
JoostinOnline said:
If you are playing pirated games, you deserve to get your system bricked. You can't break the law and get pissed when there are consequences.
Sure you can.
Who appointed Nintendo judge over what you do?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
JoostinOnline said:
If you are playing pirated games, you deserve to get your system bricked. You can't break the law and get pissed when there are consequences.
Sure you can.
The government is the judge of what you are allowed to do, and piracy is illegal.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
JoostinOnline said:
Nollog said:
JoostinOnline said:
Sure you can.
The government is the judge of what you are allowed to do, and piracy is illegal.
So file a lawsuit against me.
Who appointed Nintendo jury over what you do?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
JoostinOnline said:
Nollog said:
JoostinOnline said:
Sure you can.
So file a lawsuit against me.
Who appointed Nintendo jury over what you do?
Lol, you would prefer a lawsuit over a bricked 3DS? Even if you don't count lawyer costs, you would still lose several thousand more dollars in court.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
When something is illegal, a judge gets to decide what the punishment is, not the wronged party. If you borrow a game off me and don't give it back, I can't just dump your games console in the sea.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, you would prefer a lawsuit over a bricked 3DS? Even if you don't count lawyer costs, you would still lose several thousand more dollars in court.
I'd prefer to have the right to a fair trial.
Who appointed Nintendo executioner over what you do?

And now that my judge, jury & executioner thing is done, I bid you adieu.

Slynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Nollog said:
JoostinOnline said:
Sure you can.

Ok so you side with the government without actually thinking whether something is morally right or wrong. You're what people call a sheep. ^^

http://socyberty.com/crime/top-10-stupid-t...at-are-illegal/

You agree with those as well just because "the government says so?" Grow up and form your own damn opinion. And Nollog is right. In a criminal case, aka one in which someone breaks a law, the harmed party can't seek retribution on their own. They can file a suit, or get over it. That's their two options. They, however, are NOT allowed to take matters into their own hands. And by the way, flash carts can also be used for homebrew. Nintendo has NO way of proving what someone is using their cart for. And THEY would be breaking laws by bricking people's consoles. It's against consumer protection laws everywhere.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The harmed party can request a punishment, but it's up to the judge to decide the actual one. Sometimes the judge goes with it, but recently (okay for the last 20 years or so) a lot of the requests have been Fucking Retarded™ so the judge tends to give a lesser punishment (or a different one entirely that's more fitting).

JoostinOnline may believe in punishing somebody for worse than the crime they committed, but not everybody does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night