1. BrutalBub

OP BrutalBub Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I have my old Switch that was BSOD’d and I figured just for the hell of it I’d figure out how to fix it.

After some digging and research, I figured out one of the RAM chips has to be pressed down really hard to get the Switch working. I asked around for help and the one solution I got was Reflowing and as good of a solution as it is, I don’t necessarily have the skill to try something like that without risking ruining the motherboard and I only want to try doing it if it’s the only way.

is there anything else I can try to get that RAM chip secured enough to stop the BSOD before resorting to reflowing? And if I do have to reflow, what would be the right temp and time to use so I don’t burn the chip? Any advice would be helpful.

2. lpoolm

lpoolm GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Can you show a pic of the part you are pressing. I also have two bsod and would like to try this and report back if it work .
    Thanks

3. BrutalBub

OP BrutalBub Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The chips in the orange square are the RAM chips, they’re gonna be right next to the graphics CPU (Red square)

Attached Files:

Last edited by BrutalBub, Jul 11, 2020
    lpoolm likes this.
  4. BrutalBub

OP BrutalBub Member
    Newcomer

United States
    sorry Im still figuring out how the forum on this website works, I made a comment with a picture of the motherboard and where the RAM Chips are located

5. lpoolm

lpoolm GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    thanks, not working for me so back to a software issue!

6. Winnppl

Winnppl Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Re-Flowing would really be the best solution. I would find a local micro soldering business on craigslist, OfferUp, Google search that can do this job for you if you don't feel comfortable. It should be around $75-$100 for the service.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - solutions, found, cause