Hardware I fixed my L Joycon the weirdest way

Matt7402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just call them. told them it was drifting up really bad, that i tried recalibrating and updating the controller but no help. They give you a tracking number to track it online, send you shipping label, and you just ship it back. I'll have to let you know how well it goes. Just dropped mine off at UPS this morning.

Aldoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just call them. told them it was drifting up really bad, that i tried recalibrating and updating the controller but no help. They give you a tracking number to track it online, send you shipping label, and you just ship it back. I'll have to let you know how well it goes. Just dropped mine off at UPS this morning.
that's nice, i'll try that because the waranty will be done soon

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My left joycon slitly drifts to the left sometime (I can notice it in BotW when I release the L joystick, Link slowly walks on his left before stopping). I tried to use some compressed air spray but it doesn't seems to have a lot of effect.
Can the problem goes worst later?
I don't wish to send back the entire console whether I use the warranty (I don't want it to be updated, or worst, get an ipatched one). Will they only ask me to send back the joycon?
Thank you for your help!

Aldoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My left joycon slitly drifts to the left sometime (I can notice it in BotW when I release the L joystick, Link slowly walks on his left before stopping). I tried to use some compressed air spray but it doesn't seems to have a lot of effect.
Can the problem goes worst later?
I don't wish to send back the entire console whether I use the warranty (I don't want it to be updated, or worst, get an ipatched one). Will they only ask me to send back the joycon?
Thank you for your help!
Just send your joycon, not the entire console :P

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I literally do the same with my 3DS. Sometimes the R shoulder button simply doesn't click back, and it gets super mushy and hard to press, i just hit it on the ground 6~8 times and it goes back into working lol

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol reminds me of one of my old 360's. I would literally have to beat the shit out of the disk tray for it to read the disk. Whenever I had a friend over they would always be freaking out cause I would really fuck it up, but it always worked, and probably will still work to this day. Also has worked with R button on DS.

But then I met the joycon, little shit started drifting playing BOTW. I tired hitting, throwing, atomic elbow, nothing worked. Waiting on Nintendo to ship it back, hopefully they fix it, cause it's killing me.

Seems like left joycons mess up more then right, weird.

Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo throws Joy-cons to the floor. OP discovered the technique.

Isn't that how we fix stuff in general ?
https://en-americas-support.nintend...wii-remote-is-not-accurately-detecting-motion
"Check the motion sensor functionality by holding the Wii Remote with the button side down. Without using much force, tap the button side of the remote against the palm of your other hand. Doing this does not take a lot of force, so be sure not to tap the Wii Remote very hard."
Actually had to do it once, with a bit of force.

Aldoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The left joystick was drifting a lot since a month, and 10 minutes ago it was just unusable I was super mad. I just threw it on the ground and after that the joystick was working just fine

Anger, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

My NES carts wouldn't stay down without wedging something in there to it couldn't pop up. Then mad at losing a life in some game I slapped the top of the system, hard. That fixed it, and to this day, 30 something years later, the cart mechanism in the same NES still works fine.

Reactions: Aldoria

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok