Homebrew I feel like the universe doesn't want me to downgrade my N3DS.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I haven't read much of the previous post but you should format your n3ds too. You don't want to soft brick it and update it to 11.0 afterwards. It's a current issue with all of the sysupdater versions(including PlaiSysUpdater) and the only way to prevent it is a system format.
She says she started with a system format (pretty sure she said that)

Damon_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She says she started with a system format (pretty sure she said that)
I did. :) But now I'm confused. My updates folder has 104 files in it, and I read somewhere that it's supposed to have 106 files. I downloaded the zip from the guide so I'm sure it's correct, but I just want to verify that my updates folder has the right amount of files on it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm convinced it does. Why else would downgrading be such hell? Actually, I think hell is a lot better than downgrading a 3DS.
Nothing is easy, everything takes work, but you don't give up. have patience.

And maybe bow to lady palutena, she may give you light guidance right into her heart, and by heart i mean bosom. :bow:
:blush:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I did. :) But now I'm confused. My updates folder has 104 files in it, and I read somewhere that it's supposed to have 106 files. I downloaded the zip from the guide so I'm sure it's correct, but I just want to verify that my updates folder has the right amount of files on it.

9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS update folder has 104 files, yes.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that next. The downgrade doesn't appear to be starting anyways and this is my 5th attempt.

yeah the guide did say install menuhax before downgrading.

1 access homebrew
2 install menuhax
3 check firmware is safe
4 downgrade to 9.2
5 downgrade to 2.1
6 grab otp
7 install a9hl
8 install cwf
9 Upgrade to latest firmware with cfw and fbi installer in system

Reactions: Xiphiidae

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try that next. The downgrade doesn't appear to be starting anyways and this is my 5th attempt.

That was in step one... so if you didnt already do that I am a little fearful that you arent following the guide closely.. this is not the kinda guide you wanna just wing it on.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly thought which entry point you used didn't matter, but I'll try menuhax next.
It's in the guide for a reason, follow the guide. step by step, read each one over until you completed it and then proceed to the next one. if you mess up, start over.

The guide says use browser hax to install menuhax to make it easier to access homebrew loader then use the safe installer to check if the firmware can downgrade. then use the downgrader to downgrade

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's in the guide for a reason, follow the guide. step by step, read each one over until you completed it and then proceed to the next one. if you mess up, start over.

The guide says use browser hax to install menuhax to make it easier to access homebrew loader then use the safe installer to check if the firmware can downgrade. then use the downgrader to downgrade

To be fair the guide often does say things like 'Launch the Homebrew Launcher using the entrypoint of your choice (such as menuhax)' so maybe it isnt clear if any method is better than others. also it does say 'If you are using supermysterychunkhax or smashbroshax as your entrypoint, you should open any homebrew application (such as menuhax_manager) then close it back to the Homebrew Launcher (which will fix memory contents). If you do not, svchax will not init properly.' so I dont know if thats related or not but .. perhaps?

Best install and use menuhax. easier than playing with the launcher and I assume easier than the game hax (Ive never used them though to be fair)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is that 'safe installer' part of the guide somewhere? Ive never used it....

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair the guide often does say things like 'Launch the Homebrew Launcher using the entrypoint of your choice (such as menuhax)' so maybe it isnt clear if any method is better than others. also it does say 'If you are using supermysterychunkhax or smashbroshax as your entrypoint, you should open any homebrew application (such as menuhax_manager) then close it back to the Homebrew Launcher (which will fix memory contents). If you do not, svchax will not init properly.' so I dont know if thats related or not but .. perhaps?

Best install and use menuhax. easier than playing with the launcher and I assume easier than the game hax (Ive never used them though to be fair)

Is it possible to contact the author and ask him to make edits to text for clarification? or assist him in writing better guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, what's pokerogue?