Hacking I emailed G6 about the 16Gb homebrew problems

VenomSymbiote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you have a 8 gb version?

Nope, it's the 16g. I checked that already to make sure, cause I wondered if I got sent an 8 instead since Homebrew is working, at least for the few things I've tried. I'll add a few more Homebrews after I wake up to see if any others are working. I didn't do anything special, I just followed the beginner's guide that was posted here not but a few days ago. The only thing I happened to do that wasn't stated in the guide was change the system folder I downloaded into SYSTEM. I did this because the files already installed to the g6 had all caps. Unsure if it mattered, I just caps it anyway to be safe. I doubt this had anything to do with it, but I also am no expert so figured I'd mention it.

I'm very happy with it so far. The only thing that I keep wondering is if the tightness of the G6 will in any way ruin Slot-1 for actual game cards. I don't really know the workings of the slot-1's load and unloading system. I just don't want a ruined DS. XD
wacko.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transformers worked on my 8G only when I didn't enable soft reset or cheats. I haven't thrown this game on my 16G yet, because frankly, the game sucks(in my opinion). But I would imagine it wouldn't be any different.

So before you boot the game, don't enable soft reset or cheats and see if the game works then. I thought they would have fixed this in 2.2. Hopefully in 2.3.

VenomSymbiote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out World of Sand, as well as DSOrganize. Both work wonderfully. The web browser in DSorganize doesnt' seem that great, but I assume there's not much that can be done without a slot-2 device for extra storage space, hm? Seems the only thing it can do is text. World of Sand is freaking addicting and a blast, must have played it 2 hours straight or something. So far that's NesDS, SNEmulDS, World of Sand, DSOrganize, and the iPod homebrew that I've tried. All have worked great. Any others I should look into that seem worth it? Is it possible to have a browser without a slot2 device that works better than DSOrganizes?

And thanks for letting me Transformers wasn't worth it. One of the reasons I kind of wanted one of these was so I could test potentially crap games before buying 'em. Transformers looked promosing, but it's a movie tie-in game... I got burned by Spider-Man 3 already, bleh.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Transformers: Decepticons didn't work for me, and I don't ever use soft reset, cheat, or any of those functions, unless I actually remember to.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay 3in1 Tool actually doesn't work. It boots but freezes, so I turn off the G6R, and find all my files have corrupted
smile.gif
Nice. It explains the corruption problem I had before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.