Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi i just emailed G6 about the problem this whas my mail:

QUOTE said:
Subject:G6 Real 16 Gb(2 GB)

Hi i have bought a G6 Real 16 Gb from www.divineo.de and i received it and it was complete and so on... i dumped some clean roms on it, it worked.
biggrin.gif

But then i tried some homebrew, NONE worked, with the old firmware and handly pacth them with dldi = NONE worked, with the new firmware and autopatching = NONE worked. Please can you help me? :S

The only one that worked was DrumMe, but that one doesn't have dldi!

When i get an response i will post it here and then if i repsonse i tell it here too:P

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thanks for emailing jerbob. But like 4saken mentioned, I wouldn't expect a response. But please if they happen to.

But...I'm sure they know about the problem already. Hopefully they fix it in 2.3.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Honestly they need to update the loader. They are some things that need fixing/update.

Even on 1GB Model the dldi is far from perfect. They also need to fix the softreset/cheats options on some games. And at last they need to fix the touch screen controls on Moonshell 1.71. This is perhaps the most important homebrew on DS and it isn't 100% compatible on G6DS Real!

As for the MediaPlayExtend it's fine for mp3's, images and documents but it's slow for DPG videos.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Generally, from my experience of messaging the M3 Team, I would recommend starting off with a paragraph of useless crap that has nothing to do with your email first. They tend to read on that way, and reply....

Or send an email to danny directly rather than the info@g6flash or whatever. I forgot his email, but I would ask him heaps of stuff before the G6R was released. Probably got annoyed of me
laugh.gif

jerbob92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
omg look what i got back :| it looks like an auto-email
tongue.gif

Hi *******

We have released the DLDI driver for the G6DS real on 17-7-07 .
If you want to manually patch your homebrew. Please note that the latest firmware v2.2 does include a DLDI autopatcher. A mini guide for it can be found  here.
http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php?option=co...d=120&Itemid=25

G6 team

what i have send back:

Hi *******

Is this a standard mail or something... did you even look what i said?

THIS IS WHAT I SAID:

But then i tried some homebrew, NONE worked, with the old firmware and handly pacth them with dldi = NONE worked, with the new firmware and autopatching = NONE worked. Please can you help me? :S

and i got the email from [email protected] so i think that is his mail
bow.gif

bad G6 team
lecture.gif

very soon after i got:

Thanks for your information .
We will test the G6 real 16G soon .

then i mailed back:

Is this a standard mail or something... did you even look what i said?

THIS IS WHAT I SAID:

then he mailed back :S:
We will test it tomorrow & fix it soon .
Thanks for your information .

then i mailed back:

why are you repeating and what are you testing?

the G6 is not very clear in mails
frown.gif

jerbob92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
omg, do you know what i think? AUTOMAIL because he says almost the same thing twice but it has nothing to do with my email i send and he send you almost the same :S

EDIT:

now i got an email back

QUOTE said:
It is working fine for G6 real 8G version .
So we will test it & fix the problem soon .

i send back:

QUOTE said:
k, but i think i have a other problem, NONE of the homebrew work :S
now he send back:

QUOTE said:
Yes, we know that .
A lot of homebrew that works on the 8Gbit version will not work on theÂ
16Gbit version
So we will fix it soon

now i send back:

maybe just bring out a new dldi driver that is made for the 16 g?

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Yes, we know that .
A lot of homebrew that works on the 8Gbit version will not work on theÂ
16Gbit version
So we will fix it soon

This means they are working on it, there was no need to reply to this. I'm sure the G6 team is fully capable of knowing what to do about their own product.

ScottC2105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Danny is a good lad, very kind person. I am sure all the issues will be fixed in due course.

I am waiting to take delivery of my G6 Real 16Gbit this morning
biggrin.gif

VenomSymbiote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why, but my G6 Real which just came today is doing fine with Homebrew. I tried NesDS and SNEmulDS. Both work without a hitch. I also tried the iPod homebrew, but I found I don't like it as much as the installed Moonshell. (I was unable to get the iPod thing to play a simple folder... but moonshell it only took my like 5 minutes to figure out. >_>) I played a few NES games I haven't seen in years, was quite a nice nostalgia romp I must say. Playing TMNT: Turtles in Time without having to sit at the computer again after all these years was a pleasure too. The only thing that didn't work out of everything I tried was Transformers: Decepticons. However, the homebrews I tried worked so... perhaps it's only a few carts? I dunno. Incidently, is the tightness a problem? It fits rather snug in the DS. I'm hoping it wont cause other games to not fit anymore, but I doubt it's tight enough to do that.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Transformers: Decepticons didn't work on my 8Gb either.

Looks like maybe the G6 team released a new hard version of the 16G? Maybe?

jerbob92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know why, but my G6 Real which just came today is doing fine with Homebrew. I tried NesDS and SNEmulDS. Both work without a hitch. I also tried the iPod homebrew, but I found I don't like it as much as the installed Moonshell. (I was unable to get the iPod thing to play a simple folder... but moonshell it only took my like 5 minutes to figure out. >_>) I played a few NES games I haven't seen in years, was quite a nice nostalgia romp I must say. Playing TMNT: Turtles in Time without having to sit at the computer again after all these years was a pleasure too. The only thing that didn't work out of everything I tried was Transformers: Decepticons. However, the homebrews I tried worked so... perhaps it's only a few carts? I dunno. Incidently, is the tightness a problem? It fits rather snug in the DS. I'm hoping it wont cause other games to not fit anymore, but I doubt it's tight enough to do that.

i think you have a 8 gb version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk