I don't know what to do....

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been talking with my mother about some personal things, most of them have to do my sexuality. When I told her that I like both....she said that we should talk to my dad about this.

I....really don't want to tell him. I'm afraid if what his reaction might be since his part of the family is religious and don't like this sort of thing. If they know....my mother said they will probably disown me...

I really don't know what to do.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your parents don't accept you for who you are, tell them to STFU.

Parents are there to care for you. If they intentionally hurt you because of your sexuality, get the fuck out of there!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to be honest with you. You need to stand up to them and tell them flat out. You are still the same person and that has and will never change, they need to learn to accept you and put their religious "values" aside. You are family and they can't just turn their back on you after all these years.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
If your parents don't accept you for who you are, tell them to STFU.

Parents are there to care for you. If they intentionally hurt you because of your sexuality, get the fuck out of there!
Well, the thing is, part of my family will love me no matter what. That's my mother's side.

The other part will probably won't like me. My mother think's it will take sometime for him to understand...and that's what I'm afraid of. IF he will understand.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sheaperd121 said:
The other part will probably won't like me. My mother think's it will take sometime for him to understand...and that's what I'm afraid of. IF he will understand.
Your his son. He has raised you since day one of your life, remind him that you are still the same person and still his son.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people have just been programmed to think certain things, have certain attitudes. There's not a whole lot you can do about it other than just be honest. You can't expect him to understand just as he can't expect you to hide who you are. It's an impossible situation and it's completely up to him to feel whatever it is he's going to feel. You every right to be sad and disappointed if he doesn't accept you, but you can't necessarily blame him for it.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your parents cannot accept you for who/what you are, fuck 'em.

If they judge you, you don't need that from PARENTS.

If you dad decides to dis-own you, great, you'll be better off without people judging you all the time.

As long as you're okay with it you shouldn't give a fuck what other people think of, bro.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for all the replies.

TBH, I just really don't. I don't mind both, it's just that I don't really know if what I think is right is right now. My mother said it's just a part of growing up.

~De arimasu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sheaperd121 said:
Thanks guys for all the replies.

TBH, I just really don't. I don't mind both, it's just that I don't really know if what I think is right is right now. My mother said it's just a part of growing up.
At the age of 14, she's probably right. I wasn't entirely certain of my sexuality at that point either and it took at least another year or two for me to be certain.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a parent's job to judge.

Judge what they feel is appropriate for their children...
Judge when they children should be exposed to certain things...
Judge their children's decisions...

A parent is supposed to teach their children right and wrong... However, different people have different ideas of what is right and what is wrong. For religious people, their ideas are supposed to have been sent down from God or some other Higher Power so it's not very easy for them to think outside their box.

I was born and raised Catholic. Went to Catholic schools K-12. Went to church twice a week during that time. I have quite a few GBL friends. I've grown up with people, people my age, who are disgusted by GBLs. It's really not their fault though. It's what they've been taught their entire lives. Some people just can't open their minds to something they think is wrong.

That being said, you can't live your life in fear of what others might think about you. That would make for a pretty sad existence. If he feels a need to disown you, be the bigger man. Take it the best you can. Let him know that you're sorry he feels that way and that you'll be there when he comes around. Don't let anger or frustration define your relationship with your family.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Just say to them that your personality is solely based on two things, your genes and your environment when you were younger, both of which are your parents. So it's not your fault and the chances are they may fell the same as you. (OK skip that last bit bout them feeling the same).

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i dont think that now it is a good time to talk with this about your dad, but if that's who you really are, one or another day you had top eventually talk to him. Because if you live with this kept inside only for you, it could be bad, and you could end being sad.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Slightly flawed logic; I doubt he was totally isolated from society with his parents being the only exceptions.

but most of your time while very young will be with parents. And all the other time you were just a helpless child and what you were exposed to was of your parents doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc...