Hacking I don't have this Cart yet but...

mermehma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does turning off the Trojan Brick Checker in the global.ini file make the SuperCard DS One i faster? And does it have any affects that could harm my system or the cart? I read this on a comment on FlashCartReviews, but I just wanted to know before I bought it. And can I have the instructions on how to do this because I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in Advance!

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it wont make it faster, plus the new frimware update makes the Supercard 1000% faster there is not need to edit anything

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should in theory speed up rom launching by a tiny bit. Game execution itself and overall menu speed will not be affected. And Teelow is right in that with the latest OS, menu speed really isn't a big problem anymore.

The only way it could harm your system is if you have a DS Phat and deliberately run a program that contains the DS bricker, which honestly hasn't been seen in the wild for years.

mermehma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
It should in theory speed up rom launching by a tiny bit. Game execution itself and overall menu speed will not be affected. And Teelow is right in that with the latest OS, menu speed really isn't a big problem anymore.

The only way it could harm your system is if you have a DS Phat and deliberately run a program that contains the DS bricker, which honestly hasn't been seen in the wild for years.

Does the new OS speed up ROM launching, too?
unsure.gif

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mermehma said:
DanTheManMS said:

Does the new OS speed up ROM launching, too?
unsure.gif

Its seems that ur unable to read english
sleep.gif

Do you see ur answer now?

EDIT: And sry for being so negative

mermehma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teelow said:
mermehma said:
DanTheManMS said:

Does the new OS
speed up ROM launching, too?
unsure.gif

Its seems that ur unable to read english
sleep.gif

Do you see ur answer now?

EDIT: And sry for being so negative

That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking about the OS not editing the global.ini

I don't mind negativity, well that negativity. Thanks for helping though.

EDIT: Right back at yuh! (Lol sry couldn't resist)

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um... the answer is still the same

XD the OS only speeds up the Menu Speed but not the game execution, it is still the same speed as ever.. As stated before by DAN. >

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By "game execution" I meant the actual running of the game, as it's being played. Not the 3-5 second pause you have to wait in between when you press A and when the game actually starts, which is what I believe he's asking about.

Honestly I haven't had the chance to upgrade the OS yet, so I'm not positive if rom launching is faster in the new one.

mermehma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still a little confused, so to answer my main question NOW (not before) in a very simple form, Does anything make the launching of the ROM faster? (The time you press A on the main SuperCard menu until the game starts)

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mermehma said:
I'm still a little confused, so to answer my main question NOW (not before) in a very simple form, Does anything make the launching of the ROM faster? (The time you press A on the main SuperCard menu until the game starts)

No, as of now there is nothing that makes the launching of the ROM faster-Sry

mermehma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though this is a minus, I'll probably still get this cart if my AK2i gets blocked because of a software update. (I wouldn't update right away, I'd do some research first, but I am waiting for the Flipnote Studio and Animanatee just isn't filling my flip noting needs.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...