I don't get the Starfall rescure "menu"

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shinigami Kiba, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    I just held Y while my Wii was booting up to see what the menu was like and there ain't no meny no nothing, just a black screen with 3.2E in white font in the lower right corner of the screen.

You can't do anything with this, I had to turn my Wii off and then back on to get out of the dang thing.

Guys, is this thing supposed to save me from a brick if it ever happens?

2. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Yep, this was the rescue-menu, it works. It's minimalistic, but it does a great job. It let's you boot a Disc for you, like Zelda. So you can launch with the Twilght-Hack something (WAD-Manager, etc.) and fix your Wii. Or you can use one of these here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123708&st=0

It's minimalistic, and not realy a rescue-menu...it just let you boot a disc.

3. FRanatic

FRanatic GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Starfall rescue menu:

Chipped users can 'autoboot' any disc, like WadManager autoboot and fix the bannerbrick.
    Non-chipped users can boot TP (retail) and use the TP hack to boot wadmanager from the sd (named to boot.dol @ root).

That's it really. Rescuemenu is badly named. It's a disc autoboot feature.

4. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    thanks guys, good to know it works and I'm safe
    oh and I also have a chip, WiiKey1 so I guess I'm safe in case of a potential brick [​IMG]

5. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    the "starfall" rescue menu isnt starfall's own, its nintendo's, its made for cases of bricks where upgradeing to a new system version(by inserting a newer game with a newer update) will fix the case(usualy) or if nintendo needs to boot there "gay fish" disk to be able to get your VC games for backup/transfer. but its also usefull(hmmm dunno about that tbh) to autoboot games without need to boot your wii system menu 1st)