OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
As a service to our longtime members, I am providing this topic as a place to verbalize their displeasure towards the current influx of new members, here solely to address concerns regarding the game Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Please express your thoughts politely and in civilized English only. Spelling, usage, and punctuation counts, but not as much as do good manners.

For your convenience, here is a link to Thesaurus.com to aid you in declaring your discontentment in a genteel and articulate manner.

Ill-mannered posts will be moderated.

-mthrnite

edit: link fixed, thank you Parsaw!

Movi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As a service to our longtime members, I am providing this topic as a place to verbalize their displeasure towards the current influx of new members, here solely to address concerns regarding the game Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Please express your thoughts politely and in civilized English only. Spelling, usage, and punctuation counts, but not as much as do good manners.

For your convenience, here is a link to Thesaurus.com to aid you in declaring your discontentment in a genteel and articulate manner.

Ill-mannered posts will be moderated.

-mthrnite

+1

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so why does it matter to you that people are coming here just to get info on SSBB? You don't like it, don't read about it. Pay no attention to it. So GBAtemp was slow for a few days, get over it.
As for "Ill-mannered posts will be moderated", so you're saying you don't like the post... [delete]. This is a public forum and should be treated as such. Anyone can join, if you want to act all elitist, go start your own private forum for "longtime members" of your favorite forums, then you'll have no need to be disgruntled at any new members.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I'm not going to be harsh on these guys, but joining a forum for such greedy reasons and ruining it for the rest of us definitely angers me. Some of these guys are pretty cool, because they're high ranking members from other forums, but that still does not justify the reason that they joined right before Smash Bros. release.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so why does it matter to you that people are coming here just to get info on SSBB? You don't like it, don't read about it. Pay no attention to it. So GBAtemp was slow for a few days, get over it.
As for "Ill-mannered posts will be moderated", so you're saying you don't like the post... [delete]. This is a public forum and should be treated as such. Anyone can join, if you want to act all elitist, go start your own private forum for "longtime members" of your favorite forums, then you'll have no need to be disgruntled at any new members.
I for one, welcome our new members, especially those that take care to familiarize themselves with the flavor of our site before assuming a position of rancor such as you have in the above post.

For example, this is the testing area. It is here primarily as a place for our more notorious members to act frivolously. It is a playpen, a sandbox. It is not a place to take things seriously. This is GBAtemp's "Comic Relief" area. The fact that you have taken umbrage at my post is understandable, given your newness to our forums, but I assure you, quite misguided.

The first rule of testing area is:
1. Thou shalt not get thy panties in a bunch.

Even though your post is off-topic, I will allow it to stay as an example to others that might happen by this topic.

I bid you a sincere welcome to our forums!

Yours Regally,
King Mthr

edit: lol

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
When mthrnite starts agreeing with BoneMonkey.. you see that something is wrong..
blink.gif

You can't really blame these people.. most of them were just browsing on the internet looking for information about the game and found the site. Some of them might eventually become regular members.. eventually, the site will go back to normal..

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I bear no ill will to our new members. There was a topic recently created that was basically bashing "the horde", and it was closed. I had the idea that I would create a topic for venting, but with the rules above making it into a sort of funny game. If I was off base, I apologize, and I'll close this one too, if not, have fun bitching as if you were Prince Charles or something.

Get it?

It's a joke!

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think if they are going to join, they should at least post in the introduction section of the forums, and maybe lurk for a little bit, to get the hang of how things work around here, or something. I think that's much better than posting many, many topics, asking the same question as everyone else and getting flamed, or starting a flame war. I don't know! I just woke up and I'm a bit tired and I don't know what I'm doing. AAaaaahhh

P.S.

mthrnite, you should fix the link for http://www.thesaurus.com/. That link takes me to www.thesaurus.dom. Haha. Just letting you know.
tongue.gif

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I for one, welcome our new members, especially those that take care to familiarize themselves with the flavor of our site before assuming a position of rancor such as you have in the above post.

For example, this is the testing area. It is here primarily as a place for our more notorious members to act frivolously. It is a playpen, a sandbox. It is not a place to take things seriously. This is GBAtemp's "Comic Relief" area. The fact that you have taken umbrage at my post is understandable, given your newness to our forums, but I assure you, quite misguided.

Even though your post is off-topic, I will allow it to stay as an example to others that might happen by this topic.

Yours Regally,
King Mthr

Thanks, I guess... lol.
I've been in and out of these forums before, reading different reviews and stuff, never really made a real account though. I may stop by from time to time in the future, wouldn't really call myself an upcoming "regular member" or anything, but this seems like an awesome community and everyone seems really nice (besides a few of the new members who are beyond newbies). You weren't being a jerk or anything by starting this topic and I hope it doesn't get closed like the other one.
Sorry if my first post came off as jerkish...

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont like the horde, i'm more of an alliance type.
GO HUMANS!
GO NIGHT ELFS!
go dwarfs...
GO GNOMES!

CRUSH THAT HORDE

edit: i'm sorry what was this topic about anywayz?
wub.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I already had my rant, I'm tired of all the kids complain. That's it, I can only imagine what will happen when the US game comes out.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Yours Regally,
King Mthr

Thanks, I guess... lol.
I've been in and out of these forums before, reading different reviews and stuff, never really made a real account though. I may stop by from time to time in the future, wouldn't really call myself an upcoming "regular member" or anything, but this seems like an awesome community and everyone seems really nice (besides a few of the new members who are beyond newbies). You weren't being a jerk or anything by starting this topic and I hope it doesn't get closed like the other one.
Sorry if my first post came off as jerkish...
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Every once in a while, a major title gets dumped and we experience a flood of new members. Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, they've all contributed to these rushes. I myself was part of a micro-rush, awaiting the arrival of the much-hyped G6 Lite. It paled in comparison to the current onslaught, but suffice it to say, there were many new members who didn't know the ropes, and I was amongst them. I am now a supervisor of this fine site, and quite proud to be at that. Humble beginnings are generally the rule, not the exception. Though it is irritating that the site slowed down, and my moderating chores were tripled, in the back of my mind, I knew some good members would inevitably come out of it. It does my heart good to see proof to my hypothesis in your reply.

*tips bowler*

theman69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what the problem is, i don't think gbatemp cares whether their members are long time members or one-time they gain members regardless. Anyway, i dont get why u should persecute them because they join now for smash, hey they love the game they want help and what do u know they came to the right place

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I for one, wholeheartedly disagree with your mollycoddling postulate on the ruckus and general shenanigans that these unseasoned youths. My opinion is not far from sore of these ragamuffins who doest loiter on such a splendid sites as this, for their presence wreaks of doltish activity and their grammar offends. It is highly improbable that any one of these ruffians shalt become a contributor, but much more likely is that they become a leech, feeding off our wealth and leaving a noisome laceration when they depart. Furthermore their indubitable lack of education on subjects found to be most well known of on this site shows their inability to match the fine etiquette that this site has managed to obtain and to let them stay would be a travesty to this fine land.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
hey they love the game they want help and what do u know they came to the right place
Indeed. We don't mind those. We mind the selfish lazy little buggers who don't even bother to look at the board index (let alone read through some topics) and see whether their inane question had been asked/answered yet before starting the umpteenth thread on the subject.

If the question has been asked, there's no need to ask it again. The answer won't come any sooner if you open another topic about it.

It's the same thing as with "wut flashcard do I buy" or "how I run GBA on R4?", and annoys for exactly the same reasons, only multiplied because there are so many all at once.
wacko.gif

Ahem: So not only do the little rascals partake in activities generally frowned upon in this community, they engage in them with such exasperating frequency, that the invigorating stroll that is this forum now turns into a long drawn trudge as though through treacle, or simply comes to a screeching halt altogether.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never anticipated this many people being this excited for this game. Smash Brothers is a good game, but it's not the greatest game ever created, so the fact that the internet is exploding due to a DL game not being able to be dumped is annoying to me. People who obsess over one thing too much annoys me, this is just the latest. I say play your 360 for a few days and wait for this to all blow over

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all