Hacking Homebrew I did it.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downgraded 2 psp's
one using the GTA exploit and another using Pandora's battery.
I can't believe myself
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

They're both on 3.71 M33-4
I managed to setup popsloader as well and I tested a few ps1 and psp games.
Is there anything else I should know?

Also, what games should I get, considering I'll only have the PSP for a week?
The reason for this is because I told my friend I would need a week to fix it while I did it all last night
biggrin.gif

And a final question is... is the PSP charger something unique to the PSP or can you use something else to charge it?
I'm asking this because I noticed it had a miniUSB cable so maybe I could use other chargers too.
Its because I'm left without a charger since the guy never gave me his.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can play MGS Portable Ops. It's not too long and it has great graphics and gameplay[as good as PS2 games]. I couldn't play much games with my PSP myself yet
tongue.gif
ALSO PLAY PIRATES SINCE IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER !!!!

I think you can charge the PSP using the miniusb but I'm not sure. And you might also find some other chargers that are compatible with PSP. I haven't tried it but it looks like it's a standard port so, just look around the house, you'll never know
biggrin.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I looked around the house but I haven't seen anything which will charge my PSP.
I was wondering if its possible to charge from the USB port?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason for this is because I told my friend I would need a week to fix it while I did it all last night
biggrin.gif
Are you sure he's your "friend"? Because from what you write it surely doesn't sound like it. Wouldn't a "friend" give back that stuff immediately?

Maybe I wasn't specific enough.
I downgraded 2 PSP's yesterday.
One was a friends. Another was a friend of a friend.
Since my "friend" is a complete noob at PSP modding, I told him that because his PSP was already fine, I could do it in a few hours but because his friends PSP was bricked (unbricked using pandora battery) I would need a lot more time.
I guess I'll have to tell my friend to tell his friend to give me the charger or else I cant fix it
laugh.gif

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Piracy is a whole other issue. He lied straight into this guys face and told him he'd need a week to fix his problem. Come on, how can you agree with that?

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is a whole other issue. He lied straight into this guys face and told him he'd need a week to fix his problem. Come on, how can you consent with that?

to each there own, its none of my concern, by the way he never said he charged either one to do it so i say him keeping it a week counts as a type of payment.

my mechanic said my truck was only going to take a day to fix and the fucker kept it two weeks and only worked on it for 2 hours hows that fair? lol and i paid the asswipe $262.58

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is a whole other issue. He lied straight into this guys face and told him he'd need a week to fix his problem. Come on, how can you agree with that?
Are you being serious? Is it really that big of deal? OH NO3Z! HE HAZ MAI PSP FOR 7 DAIS AFTUR HE FICKSED IT FOR MEH!!!1! LIAR!!!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can see him letting you use his PSP for a week after modifying. I did the same with my brother, but I told my brother outright that it would take me 10 minutes to modify, but I'm gonna borrow it for a week. He didn't seem to mind
smile.gif

Mind you, that was a while ago, since then I've gone through 4 PSP's... 2 black ones, a white one (brand new, didn't open, sold to my boss), and now have a Silver Slim. They're great little machines, and if you've got the cash to spare, you should get one. I play on it as well as my DS Lite because both have great games
smile.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
No big deal, using it for a week as a reward for repairing it. But, I dunno, it seems just wrong to me telling him it takes so long and not being straightforward with it. But yeah, to each his own and it really is none of my concern. Sorry for sticking my nose too deep into other peoples business.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No big deal, using it for a week as a reward for repairing it. But, I dunno, it seems just wrong to me telling him it takes so long and not being straightforward with it. But yeah, to each his own and it really is none of my concern. Sorry for sticking my nose too deep into other peoples business.
Ha ha, I understand your good intentions. It really wouldn't change anybody's life if he were straight forward.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see whats so morally challenging about me keeping the PSP of a stranger who expects me to do a favor for him without payment?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can you tell use how? my friend has a PSP and he says it wont load games.

You could help me by being a bit more specific.
If his PSP won't load games then he might have an original FW.
You need a custom FW to play iso's.

If he does have a PSP with a CFW then tell me which one it is and I might be able to help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...