Hacking I deleted all my IOS's except IOS70. help.

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about restoring my Wii back to factory normal. With all the IOS's? because at this point - I can't even launch my standard Wii Channels...
They just reload me back to the menu.

Is there any way to restore my IOS's?

Btw. NOT EVEN HACKMII INSTALLER will work now...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are several different things to try.

insert a disc and let it update.
do the official update
use bannerbomb to start a wad installer that doesnt reload IOS. then install wads of all the official IOSes

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex.ap.pacman said:
How would I go about restoring my Wii back to factory normal. With all the IOS's? because at this point - I can't even launch my standard Wii Channels...

Does bannerbomb still work?

If so, you could use bannerbomb to load a wad installer program like multi mod manager and re-install all the IOS's that are less than 200.
If you can't use an exploit like bannerbomb or smash stack to load apps, you may have no options left other than doing an official nintendo update.

You probably already know this now because you have made this mistake, but NEVER mess around with official nintendo IOS's.
If you want to re-do a softmod, just install new cIOS over the old ones instead of uninstalling cIOS and then starting over.

EDIT: looks like pune beat me to it.

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
alex.ap.pacman said:

Does bannerbomb still work?

If so, you could use bannerbomb to load a wad installer program like multi mod manager and re-install all the IOS's that are less than 200.

If you can't use an exploit like bannerbomb or smash stack to load apps, you may have no options left other than doing an official nintendo update.

You probably already know this now because you have made this mistake, but NEVER mess around with official nintendo IOS's.

If you want to re-do a softmod, just install new cIOS over the old ones instead of uninstalling cIOS and then starting over.

Yes Bannerbomb still works. - How would I switch it to load a wad manager instead of the Hackmii installer?

and please give me some links to the wads

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you saying that you dont own a single game? it doesnt matter if the game is older than your system menu. just grab one with a full update. wii sports will update, but it will only install like 2 IOSes.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are legal ways to download official IOS and pack them into a wad. However, for you I would recommend using a game or an official update to install everything.

You don't seem to know very much and you also are willing to make very reckless decisions, so do it the easy way and just update with a game or do an official update.

I know you don't have a game, just rent/borrow a game with the 4.2 SM like New Super Mario Bros Wii. If you do an official update, just rent/borrow smash stack and follow one of the stickied guides.

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
alex.ap.pacman said:

did you by any chance run an old (but faulty) version of dop-mii (specifically the syscheck) to get this reload back to menu problem?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
Out of curiosity, why on earth did you remove most of the IOS in the first place?

I believe he did this because he wanted to re-virginize his wii and re-do the softmod. He was told by others to just overwrite the cIOS's, but instead he decided to get rid of nearly everything. Hopefully this time he'll be more cautious and not brick his wii.

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
My console wont allow me to update. Ive re-routed the bannerbomb file to load MMM v13.2 - another thing I have to ask is why would Wii Sports have an update? Its never prompted me to update before.

- btw. Priiloader is still on my wii. possibly the issue with updating is with Priiloader.

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: 9/13/2010 10:30AM -

How would I go about installing the Nintendo IOS's? I'm currently using MMM and it looks like it has the features to let me manage IOS's as well as install them from the NUS. Is this how I would go about re-installing the official IOSs? or am I doing it wrong again?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex.ap.pacman said:
My console wont allow me to update. Ive re-routed the bannerbomb file to load MMM v13.2 - another thing I have to ask is why would Wii Sports have an update? Its never prompted me to update before.

- btw. Priiloader is still on my wii. possibly the issue with updating is with Priiloader.

It's likely that priiloader is preventing you from updating. Disable the "block disc updates" and "block online updates" hacks.

Also, you will need a game other than wii sports because it only has ios9 and the system menu on it.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alex.ap.pacman said:

How would I go about installing the Nintendo IOS's? I'm currently using MMM and it looks like it has the features to let me manage IOS's as well as install them from the NUS. Is this how I would go about re-installing the official IOSs? or am I doing it wrong again?
this will work.
or you can download the WADs with NUS downloader and install them with MMM

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Heres what I'm doing:

Im in MMM>Manage IOS>Select IOS to manage> then all the IOS's that I dont have I'm choosing to install.

When I install them I have the following options:

Fakesign Patch - I choose NO
ES_Identify Patch - I choose NO
NAND Permission Patch - I choose NO

- if you have any other steps or recommendations on how to restore the official nintendo IOS's using MMM
please let me know. I'm feeling pretty down on my luck and havent really found the answers ive been looking for.

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
alex.ap.pacman said:

this will work.
or you can download the WADs with NUS downloader and install them with MMM

NUS Downloader - alright sounds like a plan.

Thanks Xzero

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Just make sure to stay away from IOS70 because if you install the newest version of that you will brick your Wii because that is a stub. I don't know whether MMM will allow you to install a stub but just letting you know to be on the safe side.

Karrde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Or do what i somehow managed to do and have IOS80 and IOS70 active at the same time.
Thanks to the people that posted in this thread. I have an IOS problem as well and this has given me an idea to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can you just edit the save file on a PC?