I created a real-life Poketch on the Apple Watch

Idrees

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I've created an open-source Poketch app for the Apple Watch that attempts to emulate some of the "apps" from the original Poketch in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl!

Anti-spam measures seem to be preventing me from linking to the source code, but you can find the link in the description of the video. The idea behind this project was to recreate as many of the original Poketch's features on the Apple Watch using SwiftUI and WatchOS 8. Since this was my first Swift application, I had to learn on the fly as well as discover all of Xcode's fun little quirks like 100gb memory leaks and such. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I've released all the source code under the MPL license!

Last edited by Idrees,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey all! I've created an open-source Poketch app for the Apple Watch that attempts to emulate some of the "apps" from the original Poketch in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl!

Anti-spam measures seem to be preventing me from linking to the source code, but you can find the link in the description of the video. The idea behind this project was to recreate as many of the original Poketch's features on the Apple Watch using SwiftUI and WatchOS 8. Since this was my first Swift application, I had to learn on the fly as well as discover all of Xcode's fun little quirks like 100gb memory leaks and such. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I've released all the source code under the MPL license!

Now that looks cool. But shouldn't the background be more grayish green as in the original games? It looks teal in the video.
I don't own an Apple Watch but if I did this'd be a fun thing to try out. Probably not something I'd use as my main watch face just because I like more functionality like seeing the weather on the watchface, but definitely a good nostalgia hit.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over