I create First Person Shooters, and I need Testers & Ideas

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've begun creating FPS games. For those of you who don't know what a FPS (on these forums I find that unlikely), a FPS is a First Person Shooter. Examples of a FPS are things like Call of Duty, Halo, and the Battlefield series. Personally, I view this category of games as the hardest to create, due to the texturing, modelling, and coding skills required. I like a challenge, so I decided to give it a shot. After creating a couple of levels, I began modelling and texturing, and ended up with a far more fast variety of objects for my game, so I scraped my original idea for my game. Now, with my variety of objects, I'm at a loss for ideas. This is where you come in. I need you guys to help me think of ideas! Here is a template of what I'm looking for (you don't have to use the template as long as you give some of the information).

Template for IDEAS:

Setting: Where does the game take place?
Date: When are these events occuring?
Possible Storyline*: Pretty straightforward
Mood/Atmosphere: Dark? Bright? Creepy? Joyful? (OK, maybe not joyful..)
(*= Storyline will not be a big part in my game, there may not even be one)

Now, having an idea is good an all, but once that idea is turned into a single level, or even a game, all it is, is something I've made. What I'd like it to become, is something you've played. Each level I create will be uploaded to mediafire (or somewhere else if necessary). After 3 levels, I will then put those three levels together into one executable file, as a "bulk download". This way, instead of finishing a level, closing the game, and then running the new level manually, the will run right after another like most games. The single files themselves will still be available. The reason I do singular level downloads, is due to the size. Each level will most likely be over 100mb in size.

Now, in any industry where you want people to try your creations, you need some samples. Whether it be a brand new pop artist, or a new book, you need something to show people what you are made of. So, I will post the original 2 levels of my game. Note that these 2 levels are from when I first got the program, and had no extra models, and no experience, so you can expect to see some more detail and higher quality coming with the new levels.

Check out my signature for download links!
-APH

PROJECT DATA:
Here is where I will give information about my current project(s).

Project Canada, suggested by fudgenuts64.
French Canadiens and English Canadians are fighting over Canada's territory concerning Quebec. Things have gotten extremely out of hand, and things have turned violent. The year is 2018, and you are a young man fighting on the English side. You have been tasked with finding and eliminating the head of the French forces, Jacques Corbeaux.

IMPORTANT: TEMPLATE FOR REPORTING ERRORS AND BUGS
For reporting bugs and errors, please use this template:

Laptop/Desktop:
Video Card Specs:
Total Free Disk Space:
Also, please include anything else you feel is important.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Setting: Canada
Date: 2018
Possible Storyline*: A war has broken out between French Canada and English Canada over land disputes.
Mood/Atmosphere: Dark

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how about instead of guns, use magic
storyline: he/she's a mage trying to avenge her own death, and find who really killed her
atmosphere: dark and creepy
place: use you imagination

D

Deleted_171835

We know what an FPS is.
laugh.gif

Anyways...
Setting: Canada.
Date: 2052
Possible Storyline: A war has begun between the US and Canada over fresh water and oil.
Mood/Atmosphere: Dark.
----
Setting: United States.
Date: 2015
Possible Storyline: Humans attempt to contact aliens and get a response. The aliens are not friendly, though and start to use Earth and the humans as a substitute for the lack of natural resources at their home-planet.
Mood/Atmosphere: Creepy.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This post will contain updates to levels (which will be very uncommon), new levels, and changelogs. I may also include substantial changes to my program, like getting substantial new models and such. Anyway, I had enough text in my first post so lets get to the good stuff.

Levels Downloads:

Escape Series: This is a 3 part series, which is unfinished, and will remain that way.

Escape Part 1: This is part 1, my first ever attempt at making a FPS.
The archive is 65mb in size.

Escape Part 2: The second part of my Escape series. The archive is 70mb.

Escape Part 3: The early end of my Escape series...I had many new models when I made this, so it may seem very different. Archive size is 196mb.

Project Canada Level 1: The first level of my new game, Project Canada. This level is a tutorial, but still worth playing!

Project Canada Level 2: The second level of my new game, Project Canada. This is your first mission.
Check out my signature for download links!

Updates:
Project Canada Level 1 has been updated. - Oct.9

Changelog:
PC-L1: Fixed obstacle room glitch.

Thank you once again for your time, tell me if you try any of these levels!

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I didn't even have time to post my download links.. Holy crap you guys are enthusiastic.
I'll see what I can do, I'll just look over my models and see how well i could implement your ideas.

Please, do try the "samples".

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Berthenk said:
Too bad MediaFire ees a beet slow...

You find Mediafire slow? It doesn't even have wait times
unsure.gif

Well, I'm willing to post it somewhere else too, what is a site that works well for you?

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
Setting: Canada
Date: 2018
Possible Storyline*: A war has broken out between French Canada and English Canada over land disputes.
Mood/Atmosphere: Dark

That, my friend, is a very nice idea.. Luckily for me, I finished my outdoor model pack last night...
Consider "Project Canada" underway.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the first part. Good so far, but it needs more atmosphere and it needs to be brighter (literally, its really hard to see).
EDIT: Awesome. Thanks for using my idea!

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
Just tried the first part. Good so far, but it needs more atmosphere and it needs to be brighter (literally, its really hard to see).
EDIT: Awesome. Thanks for using my idea!

Haha, no problem. I felt your idea had the most potential, and it will give me a chance to make outdoor levels for the first time.
Thanks for the critiscm, like I said, it was my first attempt.. I'm a little curious though, because I felt it was too bright... Perhaps its just screen settings... I'll try it again and see, but don't expect any updates for my old series. The atmosphere issue I do understand, thats what made me get into modelling and texturing, it allows me to add more variety!
yay.gif

I'll start posting screeshots and things once the project is started.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game you made is amazing, it feels like Dementium. Anyways, I've ran into a couple of problems, and I don't feel like I'm doing my job if I don't report it.

Bugs
- I would get stuck in certain areas, it would slow my walking speed until I was stood still
- Some areas would slow me down, but not stop me
- After dieing at one point, I came back to life and my gun was slightly off the screen, and everything was sort of choppy, almost as if a resolution change has occurred.

Other than that, it feels great. Look forward to a finished version. I also got two screen shots of the areas I got stuck in.
--------------------------
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5908/es...00314480290.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7895/es...00314462536.jpg

System : Windows 7, 64 bit Desktop

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
basher11 said:
desktop. windows XP.

Well, that's not good.. The only report I've got of this (other then yours) is on Windows 7 laptop... Hmm, very weird.
For those of you that HAVe tested my game, and it worked, could you post your specs for comparison?

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.