Homebrew I contacted Nintendo after the ban... (German)

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to know:
I will buy a New 3DS next week, can I call Nintendo to unlink my Old 3DS, because I lost the console (for example)? And can i use the NNID in the New 3DS? I can use my NNID on my Wii U just fine.
Why would you want to give Nintendo an easy way to track and ban your new system? Your NNID is permanently associated with pirate activity, nothing will ever change that. Whining to Nintendo will just give them more personal info on you, and confirmation that you're a real-life talking breathing suable human being.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Reactions: K40T1K

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, don't do it, they told me I was banned, and they wouldn't do it.
Did you try pointing out all the legitimate customers getting banned for playing with their store-bought cartridges in France? Or would that not apply to you? (Any European could import a French cart)

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are we still ok to go online with using the leaked version and not having gone online before? I only went to the festival plaza for a few minutes before leaving it, and I heard someone else here did the same and did not get banned.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are we still ok to go online with using the leaked version and not having gone online before? I only went to the festival plaza for a few minutes before leaving it, and I heard someone else here did the same and did not get banned.
I'm using the freeshop version, if you fear the leak just back up your save and reinstall from freeshop.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the freeshop version, if you fear the leak just back up your save and reinstall from freeshop.
yea, but I don't want to do that unless super necessary. I want to know if we are
still ok to go online with using the leaked version and not having gone online before? I only went to the festival plaza for a few minutes before leaving it, and I heard someone else here did the same and did not get banned.

reading back on how some of the people who legitimately bought the game early got banned, this may be reversed.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So you're saying we still won't get banned even if we use the leaked dump's save data over to the retail dump?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying we still won't get banned even if we use the leaked dump's save data over to the retail dump?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I used WT multiple times yesterday and several times this morning from that very same save.

So no. You won't get banned.

Reactions: annson24

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So just to be sure, buying a new system and logging into the old nnid will brick the new console?
you can't login on another 3ds without unlinking the nnid before, so you need to contact the support, so in theory they will be able to flag you/your nnid as someone who got banned because of piracy, but it doesn't have to be a problem.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unfamiliar with emunand, but why not set it up?

Either way, it's a hardware ban so if you can just go on sysnand and check.
but sysnand is on 9.2...
also, last time i set it up, I ran into issues later on with DLC being installed through .cia, and just ended up reformatting emunand.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
but sysnand is on 9.2...
also, last time i set it up, I ran into issues later on with DLC being installed through .cia, and just ended up reformatting emunand.
There's no way of knowing without try to go online. I would say try an online game. it's not the same as eshop, but those that were banned were banned from both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock