Hardware I can't update to latest firmware (SU 42118-6)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 13,973
  • Replies 32

tornado61

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the suggestion Leeful, sadly this doesn't seem to be the issue. The rollers seem to be fine as well. The PS4 just doesn't respond to me inserting a disc, I somewhat "force" it in there but it doesn't read the disc. If I reboot the PS4 the drive does seem to recognize that there's a disc half way jammed inside it, and it ejects. The PS4 menu then shows that there is a non-recognized disc inside the system, even though it has been ejected... Very strange. I hope it's just a flex-cable issue, the ears on those were broken by someone else who tried to repair the system. I'll just have to wait a couple weeks for the replacementcable to arrive...

Reactions: Leeful and KiiWii

MadMaxGR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks for the suggestion Leeful, sadly this doesn't seem to be the issue. The rollers seem to be fine as well. The PS4 just doesn't respond to me inserting a disc, I somewhat "force" it in there but it doesn't read the disc. If I reboot the PS4 the drive does seem to recognize that there's a disc half way jammed inside it, and it ejects. The PS4 menu then shows that there is a non-recognized disc inside the system, even though it has been ejected... Very strange. I hope it's just a flex-cable issue, the ears on those were broken by someone else who tried to repair the system. I'll just have to wait a couple weeks for the replacementcable to arrive...
It might a fuse only. Check them all with continuity tester.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

MadMaxGR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes you could, the magic pkg bypasses BD error.

I dont recommend updating to 7.50, as you will be stuck on 7.50 forever.

I recommend update to 5.05 from 4.74, make a 1:1 back up, play the long game, or replace/remarry your drive.
First I would like to apologise for breaking in to the post but it is a related somehow issue and I need a clarification.

@KiiWii you said that you can remarry the BD drive.

I have a PS4 Fat with Firmware lower than 5.00, but the guy sold it to me put wrong BD daughterboard and it is useless that way. I am not interested to have permanent hijacked PS4, but is there any way to read the supposed key to be in Renesas chip and somehow reprogram the Renesas with this key or the other way round, when the PS4 is hacked with some homebrew?

So far the only way I know is to get a donor board and exchange the APU, the northbridge chip and the Renesas to remarry a board with BD. This is costly procedure and doesn't worth it. So, I hope there is another easier way.

Thank you for your time, and I am sorry if I got off topic.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

marianito1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello, I have a fat 1215 in 6.20 with damaged bd, and I arrive without a hard disk, is there any way to reinstall 6.20 on a new disk without bd?

Nagi2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think so.

So I successfully got from 4.74 to 5.05. I'm looking for suggestions in regards to 9.00. I need to back up the internal hard drive was wondering the best way to do so/ go about It. I'm also looking to see if it is possible to update from using the NOBD exploit to upgrade from 4.74 to 5.05, then to 9.00 after backing up.

Nagi2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. 5.05:6.72-9.00 nobd updater incoming

That's really good to hear!! I just need to wait then. Hopefully I can use an dual docking station to clone the internal drive onto the 1TB I have. I asked just incase there was an more specific way I should go about it backing the drive up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!