Hacking I can't tell if this is a screen protector or just how the psp vita was made

Status
Not open for further replies.

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I bought a psp vita 2 years back on Craigslist, had two scratches on it but I didn't care. anyway I notice it gets scuffed up easily but I honestly can't tell if the rim around the whole thing is a screen protector or not, here are some pictures also can anyone send me a pic of what yours looks like with the flash on. to compare and contrast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 663
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 571
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 555
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 520

derkiederk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just try to peel it off with a fingernail. If it lifts easily, it's a screen protector. It certainly does look like one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just try to peel it off with a fingernail. If it lifts easily, it's a screen protector. It certainly does look like one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Ya I tried but no luck if you put a light on your psp vita does it look like it has a screen protector on it?

stepppp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats not a screen protector, i just looked at mine, its just the light and the edges that makes it look like that....a screen protector will lift off easily from the edges.

nCadeRegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not a screen protector. Take better care of your vita Dude. I have a launch day vita , and several others that are as good as the day they were opened. I apply a screen protector as soon as I open any electronic. I also wash my hands before playing and wipe it down after playing. Once a year I do a teardown and cleAn all buttons and crevices with a qrubbing alcohol. Following these simple steps keeps any electronic like New. Ps try some polishing compound on your screen and it will remove some of the lighter scratches. Do not use a cutting or buffing compound it will scratch worse.

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not a screen protector. Take better care of your vita Dude. I have a launch day vita , and several others that are as good as the day they were opened. I apply a screen protector as soon as I open any electronic. I also wash my hands before playing and wipe it down after playing. Once a year I do a teardown and cleAn all buttons and crevices with a qrubbing alcohol. Following these simple steps keeps any electronic like New. Ps try some polishing compound on your screen and it will remove some of the lighter scratches. Do not use a cutting or buffing compound it will scratch worse.
Again I bought off craigslist like that and it's been sitting in a a shelf for a year now I got for 50 dollars so I wasn't complaining much back than.

Reactions: guisadop

indianaliam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like a screen protector, but I can't be sure because your system is filthy. Get some isopropyl alcohol wipes and a toothbrush, man - your Vita will thank you for it.

Because everyone does not get fingerprints on a system with TWO fucking touchscreens. Fucking idiot, I hate people on forums that act like germophobes because the OP accidentally left the flash on. They're not asking for help on how to clean their screen, they're asking if it's a screen protector or not, so quit being pretentious.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Because everyone does not get fingerprints on a system with TWO fucking touchscreens. Fucking idiot, I hate people on forums that act like germophobes because the OP accidentally left the flash on. They're not asking for help on how to clean their screen, they're asking if it's a screen protector or not, so quit being pretentious.

I'll give you $5 if you lick that d-pad.

OP, don't think that's a screen protector.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
>Rolls into thread from 2016, resurrects it
>Starts throwing insults, criticises others for not answering the OP’s question
>Doesn’t post an answer the OP’s question, or anything of value, for that matter
>Gets laughed at

Yeah, I’m the idiot. Good job. :lol:

Thread locked. :p1ng:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.