Homebrew I Can't Get the Remote Touch server to work

Distorted Soul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I run the command prompt (like the README says).

2. I type the path "C:\Documents and Settings\ROSS\Desktop\PC Remote Control\server\rtdsserver_multi-win.exe (port number here)" (like I (think) the README says)

4. I hit enter (like the README says)

5. The Command Prompt says "'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
hate2.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Distorted Soul said:

2. I type the path "C:\Documents and Settings\ROSS\Desktop\PC Remote Control\server\rtdsserver_multi-win.exe (port number here)" (like I (think) the README says)

5. The Command Prompt says "'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

hate2.gif

not tested it but could be the directory names are too long and have spaces!

try putting the EXE just on your C: directory and run it from there eg c:\rtdsserver_multi-win.exe

Distorted Soul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Distorted Soul said:

hate2.gif

not tested it but could be the directory names are too long and have spaces!

try putting the EXE just on your C: directory and run it from there eg c:\rtdsserver_multi-win.exe
Oh, spaces? Thanks, I forgot about that. I tried it the way you said and it worked! Thank you very much.
yaynds.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Distorted Soul said:
Oh, spaces? Thanks, I forgot about that. I tried it the way you said and it worked! Thank you very much.
yaynds.gif

congrats
smile.gif

not used remote touch as yet but know from experience that a lot of programs that use command lines etc don't like long directory listings or ones that have spaces in
smile.gif

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Distorted Soul said:

hate2.gif

Easy way method:
Create a .txt file open it and type rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 235 (or any port you choose) and save it.. rename .txt file to rtdsserver_multi-win.bat
rtdsserver_multi-win.exe, cygwin1.dll and rtdsserver_multi-win.bat in the same folder.. double click on rtdsserver_multi-win.bat and enjoy. No more typing commands. Open the client on your nds card choose ip and port and thats all.

Distorted Soul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerofalcon said:
Distorted Soul said:

hate2.gif

Easy way method:
Create a .txt file open it and type rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 235 (or any port you choose) and save it.. rename .txt file to rtdsserver_multi-win.bat
rtdsserver_multi-win.exe, cygwin1.dll and rtdsserver_multi-win.bat in the same folder.. double click on rtdsserver_multi-win.bat and enjoy. No more typing commands. Open the client on your nds card choose ip and port and thats all.
Thanks, it worked! I've definitely got this under control.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump but You had the command correct, just you should put quotes before and after the path like so

"C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\rtdsserver.exe" (port), The command line argument should be the only thing outside the quote. It has nothing to do with how many characters or spaces there are in it. Just for future reference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1