Hacking i cant get any usb loaders to work

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i have 2 notebook hard drives. one is an 80gb samsung and the other is a 160gb WD scorpio. my wii is 4.1u with ciosrev14, preloader0.29, and cioscorpv2. ive formatted the drives as fat32, then again with wbfs manager. that went fine and i was able to transfer games to the drives. usb loader gx and coverfloader do not "see" the drives. coverfloader hangs at "initialize wbfs game list" and usb loader gx shows that the drives can not be formatted. i have tried both usb ports. these drives are not in the drive compatibility list and neither is my generic usb enclosure. should i not have cioscorp installed? could i use my 120gig ipod classic? ive tried the same configuration on 3.2u and 4.0u. what should i do now? im almost ready to get a new enclosure, i have a 300gig 3.5 maxtor that im not using. id like to use what i have.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How are you turning the drives on?

Are they powered through the wii's usb ports and coming on at the same time as the wii?

Or

Do they have their own power supplies and power butttons.

If its the first one then try turning the wii on first and then waiting a minute and then turning on the hard drive.

I had a friends hard drive that wouldn't be seen unless it was powered on after the wii.If it was powered on at the same time it was never seen.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's kind of what's going on with mine. sometimes I get the option to reformat, but most times I get nothing. I'll try this tomorrow and let you know what happens. thanks for the tip.

ok, so it works now. i just need to plug in the drive after i load usbloadergx. then the drive will work. the same drive (160g WD scorpio) wont work in coverfloader. wierd, i guess i need to get a better enclosure. maybe then, i wouldnt have to plug and unplug my drive in the wii. thanks for the help.

umm, nevermind, i updated to r674 and now i get a code dump each time i start usbloadergx. im giving up on this for good now. ill just stick with disks, since i have to get up to plug/unplug the drive anyway. this way more of a headache than its worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgy_QgVe4yA